How to get aquarium grass like this?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon betta tank and want to get grass like the picture below. If I were to buy dwarf grass, do I need to get seeds for it to spread out and carpet the tank, or if I get a couple, do they grow horizontally ?

Attachments

• 7D3867B9-01E3-4754-AEC3-9A3DA0335667.jpeg
    7D3867B9-01E3-4754-AEC3-9A3DA0335667.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 110
I'm doing the same in a 20L too! I'm using a sand substrate and root tabs and it seems to be growing well. They send out runners so yes they grow out horizontally! I used 2 tissue culture pots of dwarf hair grass and planted into clumps - you get quite a lot per pot and 2 was heaps for my 20L. I'm not using any special lighting and have had growth in one month. I believe if you used a special grow light, specially formulated plant substrate etc it would grow a lot faster but from my experience so far it seems to still be growing in more a low tech setup!

I'm doing the same in a 20L too! I'm using a sand substrate and root tabs and it seems to be growing well. They send out runners so yes they grow out horizontally! I used 2 tissue culture pots of dwarf hair grass and planted into clumps - you get quite a lot per pot and 2 was heaps for my 20L. I'm not using any special lighting and have had growth in one month. I believe if you used a special grow light, specially formulated plant substrate etc it would grow a lot faster but from my experience so far it seems to still be growing in more a low tech setup!
Awesome!! Thanks so much for the help! I’m going to go get some hahaha

Apologies for the dumb question but how do you plant the grass seeds in an aquarium? Does one initially lover the water level to just above gravel level plant seeds and wait for germination before filling tanks? looking for a carpeted planted tank for my 55 reset.

Apologies for the dumb question but how do you plant the grass seeds in an aquarium? Does one initially lover the water level to just above gravel level plant seeds and wait for germination before filling tanks? looking for a carpeted planted tank for my 55 reset.

Don’t get the seeds they are in reliable you are best off getting the in vitro cups like tropica 12 grow

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back