how to determine Peppered Cory sex?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi mashimaro_0000 :)

If your corys are still young it will be hard to tell them apart. When they are mature, however, the difference will be apparent if you have one or more of each.

The female is bigger and "chunkier" than the male is. She will usually be wider when seen from the top or head on. She will probably be longer, too.

Since they are usually sold by the lfs while they are still young, if you want to breed them in the future, it is a good idea to buy 5 or 6 so that when they mature you will have some of each. I try to get 3 of the largest ones, in the tank, and 3 of the smallest. That method seems to work out well for me.

i have 2 pepered cory. i think they are in the matured state ( 1 inch long) now recently i noticed one of the cory is bigger then the other one. ( i bought them at the same time) i really having hard time to distinguish their sex. ( may be i should i ask the fish them selve! :D )

now~ for normal cory how are their eggs looks like? and how often will they spawn?

onw inch is still too small to sex them as they are still jeuvinile fish that probbaly won't be in spawning age for at least 3-4 more months approx. those corys (c. paleatus) grow to be 2" in length and that is usually when they are able to be spawned.

mashimaro_0000 said:
i have 2 pepered cory. .... now recently i noticed one of the cory is bigger then the other one. ( i bought them at the same time) i really having hard time to distinguish their sex.
We're so in the same situation! I just recently posted a topic on finding out cory sexes. I also just bought 2 pepper cories at the same time and they were almost both the same size. Now it seems that one has grown wayyyyy faster and larger then the other. I wonder why??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back