how to convince mom to get a bigger tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wrs

Michelle's Hot
Reaction score
how do you people convince your parents to let yall get a bigger tank? I was thinking about tellin my mom that id put the bettas in the 15, divide it into two and get a bigger for the others. Shes dead set against it though. Were going to need a bigger one when they get to full size. And the goldfish is getting huge! I dont know what to do, and its not that I want anymore fish, its just so that the fish have room when theyre full sized.

my dad doesn't like having so many tanks in the house...so i talked him into building me a fish room in the back yard....i also talked him into letting me get one real big tank for the house :D

give us a list of your current tank configs and perhaps we could offer up a suggestion or two. Moms dont change their minds easily, so you will have to have all the facts so you can convince her it is necessary, "for the fishes well being".

my dads a carpenter and he can build me a room, but we have an empty room in the basement were we have an old desk, at TV and the tank. Thats about it, and thats our cats room, and thats were i want it to go, lol.

well theres my 15 in the sig, my brothers has a bunch of fish,
1 blue gourami
2 angel fry, like 1/2 inch each
1 baby bala shark
1 bristle nose pleco
2 tetras

1 goldfish

4 bettas, and we have a gourami in a 3 for isolation for a week because hes mean to the girl gourami.

7 baby guppies.

I want a 55 for them.

Tell your mom that not having a new tank will leave you with more time and money to do crack. :nod:

Used to work for me ;)

My other idea is find a study published in a medical journal that suggests that watching fish is relaxing and lowers blood pressure. Then start crying and say "You don't want me to die....do you?" :-( :-(

:shifty: :hey:

Sorrell said:
Tell your mom that not having a new tank will leave you with more time and money to do crack. :nod:

Used to work for me ;)

My other idea is find a study published in a medical journal that suggests that watching fish is relaxing and lowers blood pressure. Then start crying and say "You don't want me to die....do you?" :-( :-(

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sounds like someone speaking from experience.

lol, sorrel thats a great one. i love that dieing part of the suggestion.

If you can prove that you are being responsible for your current fish then use that against your mom. Parents have a hard time fighting against kids being responsible since kids usually aren't responsible at all (at least I never was!).

tstenback said:
Sorrell said:

Used to work for me ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: sounds like someone speaking from experience.
:whistle:

i think im responsible with them. lol. I do all the stuff that they need to live. And i did clean her room for her today, but I think shes a bit mad now because my brother trying to make a pond, lol.

oh and i have an apple snail as well. Its my brothers and its really freaky looking and big.

I know what you are going through. My mom didn't want me to have two 10gals in my room because it would look too cluttery. I know have four 10gals in my room along with a betta barrack, betta bowl, three other betta contraptions I regged up, along with 4 other tank besides that. I still need bigger tanks for my GT's and my Red Devil when they get bigger. My uncle bought my bigger tanks for my birthday. My mom wasn't happy about that but she couldn't say anything because it was from someone else. Score~!! :lol: They were also going to give me a tank they said that needed four people to carry it but my mom said no to that. They found it at a garage sale for FREE!!! Dam!! I wish they would have just brought it over without asking her like they did with the other tanks. :D What I'll have to do it set up some large storage bins in the basement when my guys get bigger.

Tell you're mom to call me. If you're between the ages of 14-18 I can tell her what I was doing at that age (pick a year any year :blink: ) and she'll let you get as many tanks as you want :nod:

Remind your mum that fish kept in tanks are literally swimming in their own sh*t, so they would clearly be happier in a larger tank, tell her its the equivelant of us walking around our houses and dumping on the floor.

no matter what i say she says no. it because I have 4 bettas in seprate bowls and the guppie thing. BUt i said that id put them in the 10. I also cleaned off the table after supper todays so maybe that will work. She seems to let me get what I want when i do stuff for her, lol. I REALLY need a bigger tank for the goldfish especially. He grows so quick! Pretty soon were going to have to get rid of him if he doesnt stop growing. And I know my brother wont like that. Well i'm going to go to the grocery store with her in a bit. Maybe Ill talk to her about it on the way home. She gets mad though when I even mention it. My aunt says that we need a bigger one too. She was going to buy my brother one but she didnt. Well thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to try them.

Tell your mom that not having a new tank will leave you with more time and money to do crack.

I just tried that one....and it didn't work :X

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back