How Old Is Your Oldest Fish?

Caprichoso

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My oldest fish is my Green Corydora. She is 12 years old and has survived many different tanks and moves to new houses. She lost her mate last month who was also 12. I was quite sad about it as I've had them for so long.

She currently resides in my 140g with several other corydora friends and last spawned with her mate right before he died.

My oldest fish is about 7 but I've only owned him for around 8 months of that time :)

The oldest fish i have now is a banjo catfish which is 3+ years because i change my stock around to much but the oldest fish ive ever had was 2 16 year old goldfish.

Three wcm minnows I've had six or seven years. Definitely starting to show their age. Survivors of a shoal of 8 in a coldwater setup, but they now live in my tropical tank as I have no coldwater tanks at the mo. I like to think of it as their retirement home in a warmer climate...

a featherfin synodontis and a black angelfish. both grew up with eachother, 3 or 4 years old now. they were the first fish in my first tank, but now live in a bigger tank. the tank they came from has been replaced with a larger one, and that houses amongst others 2 bronze cories and a BN plec that are also original fish with the syno and angel.

All my fish are relatively young as I change my stock too much! But I've got a sneaky suspision I'll have my keyholes a long while as I love them go pieces :wub:

James.

If i told you what the oldest fishy thing i know was, i would get a slap! lol

I have a 14 year old Common Goldfish, I've had it since I was 3 and it's currently in a friends pond, at about 22 inches in length, lovely fish, it's name is Wallace.

I have a 14 year old Common Goldfish, I've had it since I was 3 and it's currently in a friends pond, at about 22 inches in length, lovely fish, it's name is Wallace.

Mine was also a Commet Goldfish, which I kept for 19 Years.... I have a top down photo of her somewhere on the forum....

Mine was also a Commet Goldfish, which I kept for 18 Years.... I have a top down photo of her somewhere on the forum....

Edit..... it appears that I never posted her pic, but this post refers to.....
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=247023&view=findpost&p=2039997&hl=%2Bgrand+%2Bold+%2Blady&fromsearch=1

I have 11 clown loach 4 of which are the same age as my daughter 22 . I also have a talking catfish and a banjo catfish that are about 16 and a khuli loach that is a similar age (only realised I still had it when I swopped my tank at Christmas.

mine is a common pleco. i think its almost 6 now. survived many different stockings, a move, and an upgraded tank! my next oldest was a purple and gold platy that was about a year and a half. he died about a month ago :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back