How much to feed fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I subscribe to the five minute rule with tropical flakes, then feed them betta pallets, (enough for about 2 or 3 each much later in the day).
Just the other day my electric blue ram got a pallet caught in his eye.

Well here’s my input

You need to feed small amounts 2-3 times a day enough to be consumed in less than 5 minutes

Also variety in there diet is important for good health and good colour

bug bites one feed and frozen brine another or bug bites 1 feed algae wafers on the 2nd feed
I seriously love that plan. Surprisingly no one here likes the frozen brine except the goldfish & I thought they were vegans.

the poor bugger freaked hardcore, spinning, flipping, kamakizing, rubbing his head on everything to get the blessed thing out,

As promised, here’s all the food I feed my fish.
29A6BE22-C5BD-410C-9A9C-E44B0B93FE65.jpeg

(Minus the frozen mysis)

This depends entirely upon the fish and what you are feeding them.

My Delhezi Bichir gets fed Tilapia and Pellets every 2-3 days.

My Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpurra get fed once daily - flakes and pellets

My Rosy Barbs and Flagfish get fed twice daily fakes

My Community tank gets fed twice daily except for the Corys and Amani Shrimp, who get fed when the light is off to prevent the Platys (fat) going after the Algae Wafers

Oh, that’s heartbreaking. Is he ok now?

This depends entirely upon the fish and what you are feeding them.

My Delhezi Bichir gets fed Tilapia and Pellets every 2-3 days.

My Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpurra get fed once daily - flakes and pellets

My Rosy Barbs and Flagfish get fed twice daily fakes

My Community tank gets fed twice daily except for the Corys and Amani Shrimp, who get fed when the light is off to prevent the Platys (fat) going after the Algae Wafers
What constitutes a community tank? The danios go for the bigger bits splashing to the surface and the crumbs are left to the platys. I have 4 big danios which eat the most food

What constitutes a community tank? The danios go for the bigger bits splashing to the surface and the crumbs are left to the platys. I have 4 big danios which eat the most food
My community tank has a Betta Sorrority, 4 Platys, A pair of Guppies, a pair of Cours, 6 neon tetras, and 6 Amano Shrimp, plus whatever fry is in there at that time. The Platys outcompete everyone for food, so I need to put half the flakes in the filter stream to reach the tetras.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back