How Many Young People Are There Who Have Interest Of Tropical Fish

hey im 19 and ive been keeping fish since i was about 12 and i love it, i have a small tank in my room full of wonderful fish that i can just look at, im also quite good at breeding, its a wicked hobby to have!!

:wub:

i think that it is great that so many people have replied to my post becuase it is good to know that there are wuite alot of young people who actually do keep tropical fish

27 been keeping fish for 6 months or so...but im also a historian and science major in college so i love to do extensive research....so feel i have become quite good at fish keeping. My friend who has kept cichlids for years cant even compete with me now...it baffles him haha...but i credit this forum for 90% of it....computers and research can speed up alot in the aquariun hobby that use to not be there....

i will be leaving soon to get my new tank with air stone heater cabnet gravel light everything i need really

I'd like to hear other people's opinios (and I'm not having a go, so I'll make this my last post) but I still think a week is not enough - read up on the cycling posts here and around on the internet - it needs to be carefully monitored with water results, and when they're ok the fish can go again.

If you put them in too early, your fish will probably get poisoned by the water and may die :(
Time for cycling doesn't really matter. However, it is often more then a week, you're right. But you just have to make sure you get your peaks, and then your stabilization. Gr!m, do you have a test kit? And ammonia?

You mentioned you want a Molly from your friend. How big of a tank do you have? Do you realize they do best in slightly brackish water? And that they will have fry like no tomorrow, if you get a female, or a male and females?

I'm now 28. Had a 4 foot tank between 8 and 10. Left the hobby for ages, then came back with a vengance at 23 by going out and spending in the region of £5k on a reef setup...kept that going until the end of last year when I sold it all off, as I said I was giving it up...well...didnt last long, ordered my new tank last week to arrive next saturday....working backwards as I am now going to Tropical fish from a Reef Tank....but that's always been my way! It's also limited by my house and my partner...as well as the need to keep money back so we can get married before too long!!! Got to have your priorities straight....fish are nice, but not that nice!

My brother gave me his tank last summer, and now I'm 13. Almost a year. Now, I know what I'm doing. I doubt it's a phase too, because I love anything with animals. Always have.

right i no wht kind of tank i have now i have a 25 litre one and the measurements for the other one is in my signuture

im 13 almost 14 and i have been fish keeping for about a year and im just about to upgrade from a 20 gal to a 48 gal :D
i wanted a 100 gal but im very lucky to get a 48. In my parents opinion a 20 gal is far too large :( i dont see waht the problem is i'm paying for it and our house has plenty of space anyway.

I'm currently 18, 19 on the 20th this month. I've only bee fishkeeping for a few months, have had my travesties, but I've learned a lot. I doubt it's a phase. I just set up a 20 gallon! (had a 10 gallon previously).

Im 23 years young and have been keeping a tropical tank for about 3 months now and all have been succesfull thx to this forums and all the members helping me.

I must say I had huge asbes tanks in the backyard of my parents house on the farm when i was still in school.I kept Black Bass,Trout and Carp.Had to release them when I moved to city.

Woah; everyone's so old, I'm only 13 turning 14 =)~ I got into tropical fish keeping when I was 8 when my dad and I went fishing and didn't catch anything so he bought me fish XD Seriously, I don't know many young people in reality who keep fish as a hobby ;( ..

im15, 16 in feb. :D
been into fish for years, since i was about 4 i can remember going out and buying goldfish ,didnt rearly care for mthem properly but it was all part of my learning.
i started off being intrested in koi but only being young i didnt have any money to persue this hobby, so 2 years ago i got a 20 gal for my b day and stocked it with ropical fish, didnt have a cle about cycleing but i was lucky and didnt loose a single fish :D
im still very much into my fish and am looking to expand my hobby every day :good: its deffinately not a phase :)

Most reactions

Back