How Many Young People Are There Who Have Interest Of Tropical Fish

i am 16 ive been around fish scence i was brought home from the hospital i started helping with rutine care of fish at 5 i would also pick out the fish then my parents seperated and we didnt have a tank then you ant kathy gave us a 20 gallon and i picked back up and took care of it then when it killed every thing in it becouse of my brother giving my fish leman aid we moved again and gave the tank to someone else then 2 months later i found a ten on sale got it and cycled it and stocked it i find it easy now but have had fish scence boefore i could remember so its no phase

i started at about 13 and i'm 15 now and love it still :D

really getting into it now since i have more money to spend!

Im 13 and i have had an interest in fish for ages at the moment i do not have fish but i have 2 axolotls .
i was shocked today to hear my english teacher say she dips her fish in coffee wen der looking sick the things people do.
if any1 lives in western australia 8i would love to get to gether and have a chat bout fish

i think it is good that there are alot of young people who like tropical fish or just fish keeping in all coz it is a good thing to do

Can I just ask one question? If you are getting your tank on Saturday, how are you going to have it cycled by the next Monday? The only way I know of doing that is by using Biospira- have you got a supply of that? Or are you able to seed the filter from an established tank?

You really need to be aware of this - typically a tank will take at least 2 weeks to cycle and you should test the water to see if it has done so or not.

I am 19, and have found out too many times that if you don't cycle, your fish will die.

first i will cycle the tank (fishless ) so it doesnt stress out the fish and i will give u the measurements tomoz becuase it is my grandad he is giving me air stone pump cabnet the tank and gravel basically all you need and i have a reasonable size tank which can keep a few more fish before it gets crowded and then i can move them on the tuesday when the tank has finished cycling .

i think that if i do that my fish can start to grow bigger because of the tank because i think i have quite a small tank atm
and soon i will be gettin baby black molly's from a friend of mine because his molly's just had baby's

first i will cycle the tank (fishless ) so it doesnt stress out the fish and i will give u the measurements tomoz becuase it is my grandad he is giving me air stone pump cabnet the tank and gravel basically all you need and i have a reasonable size tank which can keep a few more fish before it gets crowded and then i can move them on the tuesday when the tank has finished cycling .

You still don't get my point - Are you suggesting that cycling will be done in 3/4 days??

Fishless cycling can take weeks as I already said.

good point so i will prob keep te fish in the same tank till it has cycled it self for a week then i will add the fish and has any of u put like a sachet of aleo vera or soming like that

I'd like to hear other people's opinios (and I'm not having a go, so I'll make this my last post) but I still think a week is not enough - read up on the cycling posts here and around on the internet - it needs to be carefully monitored with water results, and when they're ok the fish can go again.

If you put them in too early, your fish will probably get poisoned by the water and may die :(

Im 30 and used to keep scabby goldfish that would be better off living in the toilet tbh :lol: only j,kin bout the toilet by the way....so 2 years ago i thought i would put my filters and tanks to good use and start keeping tropicals :shout: but tbh im still none the wiser :lol:

Most reactions

Back