How Many Wpg For Dwarf Hairgrass In A 5g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Miss Wiggle

Practically perfect in every way
Reaction score
it say's on the tropica website i need medium-very high light for this

how many wpg would that be in the 5g pfk aquacube?

also can someone recommend a suitable substrate for a tank planted predominantly if not completely with this plant, i don't wanna go as pricey a something like ada aquasoil however as it's a small tank i won't need much so i'm not limiting myself to the cheapest of the cheap.

thanks

Ive got 22W over my 5 gal and the hairgrass is doing well. Im sure it would be ok with just 11W though you would have to make sure they recieved good ferts.
A good substrate is the tropica type that goes underneath some sand/gravel or use the tetra brand.

Ive got 22W over my 5 gal and the hairgrass is doing well. Im sure it would be ok with just 11W though you would have to make sure they recieved good ferts.
A good substrate is the tropica type that goes underneath some sand/gravel or use the tetra brand.

cool thanks, i was planning on dosing flourish and flourish excel.

i'll look into both those substrates thanks.

so would the standard 11w light be ok with flourish and flourish excel and a half decent substrate, or would i need to (get Ian to) hook up the 18w arc pod to it. It doesn't clamp onto the tank at present cos of the design of the cover glass, and as we have a jumpy betta in there we can't remove the glass altogether, it'd mean some tinkering and bodging undoubtedly!

I have 22W. Dont dose any ferts and my hairgrass has grown quite well in the two/three weeks its been in my tank. Has pretty much filled in the gaps. Ordered some more which i had today though to cover the front :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back