How Many Dwarf Gouramis For My Tank?

beaker1986

New Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to the whole fish thing and I'm setting up my tank at the moment (doing the cycle and all that jazz). It's 30 liters / 8 U.S Gallons (no idea how many UK gallons that is.)

The main reason for the tank is for show in the corner of one of my rooms and to help me relax when I get home so "pretty fish" are a must.

Originally I wanted Angelfish but after a bit of research have found out they get to big So I'm now looking at Dwarf Gourami's which seem a bit more realistic.

What I really want to know is:
How many could I realistically put in a tank that small? Would 2/3 be to many? (I know about the terratorial issues)
Would I be better off with one on there own?
If I did only have one would I be able to put another couple of fish in with it? For instance neon tetras?
How many tetras could I have with a DG?

Thanks a lot.
 
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie to the whole fish thing and I'm setting up my tank at the moment (doing the cycle and all that jazz). It's 30 liters / 8 U.S Gallons (no idea how many UK gallons that is.)

The main reason for the tank is for show in the corner of one of my rooms and to help me relax when I get home so "pretty fish" are a must.

Originally I wanted Angelfish but after a bit of research have found out they get to big So I'm now looking at Dwarf Gourami's which seem a bit more realistic.

What I really want to know is:
How many could I realistically put in a tank that small? Would 2/3 be to many? (I know about the terratorial issues)
Would I be better off with one on there own?
If I did only have one would I be able to put another couple of fish in with it? For instance neon tetras?
How many tetras could I have with a DG?

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunately you have picked two intensly inbred fish, this means that they are really sensative and most people will not reccomend them going into a new tank, especially a smaller one due to the problems with water parameter instability in small tanks.

andrew
 
You could have a nice betta in there if you want, small school of micro rasboras, shrimp,

I have a 35L betta tank with a few plants in and that really nice to look at and relax with. The only problem with bettas is that you can only have 1 and loads of other fish wont work with them.

You could have corrys in the bottom and a betta?

andrew
 

Most reactions

Back
Top