How Many Cories

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bikerfish

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi ALL
My tank is 38 inches long and 15 inches wide , with substrate , it is 180 lt .
How many cories of normal size is ok for my size tank ? I have 4 skunk , 6 albino and 3 panda cories and would love to get 3 more panda cories is this to many for my size tank.

cathy

Hi In my tank I also have 3 keyholes, 3 blackwidows , 4 guppies , 1 spotted headstander and 2 brn . My filter is an external fluval 306
cathy

Seems pretty stocked to me, I have a 50us G tank same measurements with Eheim classic 2213 + ecco pro 300 as filtration (550litres total)

12 Bronze Cories
8 Ruby barbs
3 gourami
1 clown loach
4 glowlights

I would say I was slightly overstocked but I am over filtering the tank, I wouldn't add any more to your load unless you like lots of water changes.

Hi that was what I was thinking but thought I would come and ask the question as just love cories and brilliant to watch , would have love to add 3 more pandas to add to the group . My filter is for upto 300 lt so overfiltering for tank my size .
cathy

yeah cories are pretty cool, I guess 3 more can't harm I'm not 100% familiar with all you fish so might want some more opinions. I love mine they spend a portion of the day hanging out in the leafs of the amazon sword I have and then wizz up and down the tank in the current. its hard to tell when enough is enough
smile.png
, I'm just saying as when I look at my barbs, corries and gourami it looks quite full for swimming space more than anything. you are over filtering like you say but swimming space is also crucial

Daz

Hi swimming space def important , would love a longer tank but hubby says no :( my 3 panadas are still very young as only got them last week cheers for your in put
cathy

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back