How Many Bettas?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

K.J.

LUK ITS A FUZBALL
Reaction score
On average, how many bettas get born in a spawn? I've been seriously considering attempting breeding again since I have a good idea what to do with my spare 10g, plus as a birthday present I think I could score myself a 30. But I don't exactly know if I could stand keeping 350 cups around, though, honestly, I think I could do it.

And would all of those survive, or is that just the average on how many eggs? Also, what containers do you keep them in while growing up, after they start to get aggresive? For the males only, I presume? I need to study again, I forgot. :unsure:

Well, with my first spawn I had over 200 eggs hatch. The fry are just about 8 weeks old now and I only have between 20 and 30 left. Which isn't terrible, but not what I'd have hoped for. But it was my first time breeding and I'm sure I made my share of mistakes. I'm getting ready to breed again (next weekend actually, YAY!) and I know what to do differently. From what I've read, ending up with around 50, maybe as many as 70 is probably a decent average. This is at jarring age. How many eggs you get depends on so many things (water, temp, the parents age, genetics, etc etc)...but they don't all make it. Good luck! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back