how many angels

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

you can have I'd say 5-6 full grown angels in a 55. THey will grow bigger and healthier If you keep the population low while they're growing up

Yep, I'd say that's spot on. Five or six fully grown angels in a 55 and you're about full. How many babies do you have left angel lover? Are you gonna let your friend try a couple more?

Hi Aquanut!!I have 5 babies left and I'm want to keep them all..lol.I wanted to try to give my friend 2 but she already went ahead and bought more.So I'm keeping em for now and we'll see what happens.Maybe i will find someone along the way who can take 1 or 2. :/

I have 4 angels and there gro quite fast too. 6 is the perfect number and within a year they will be fully grown! :D

In all honesty I wouldnt put more then 4 in a 55. But thats just my opinion. Kudos on being an angel fanatic.

knucklehead is right, its best to keep the population low for best health and growth

*sigh* Its hard Ive gotten so attached to the little guys :-( I'm such a sucker,I'll have to drop them off at the aquarium store soon I guess but they are soo happy and healthy and i feel sooo bad :-( :-( :-(

angel_lover said:
*sigh* Its hard Ive gotten so attached to the little guys :-( I'm such a sucker,I'll have to drop them off at the aquarium store soon I guess but they are soo happy and healthy and i feel sooo bad :-( :-( :-(
I don't see why it should be a problem to keep them. 55g for 5 is really not that many IMO. I have 4 in a 30gT. And they are all very happy and healthy.
I think you'd be fine. Just my own opinion tho!

you could......since you have the parents and 5 young uns..keep all of them for a while and grow them out. Then take the 2 that you like the least(ie the 2 mean ones) to the lfs. Or you could increase your filter capacity and add an air stone and keep till full grown. Then see how big they are after a year of so. If they're over crowded they will fight for territory, and there will be one or two that are puny comared to their brothers and sisters.

I understand exactly how you feel. I wuv muh severum. I started out with 7 babies in a 55 gallon tank(wanted to keep all of them). As time went on I notice that one of the males was puny and gettin beat up all the time so I took him to the lfs and at the size he was I got triple what I paid for him. Angels don't get quite as big so you might be able to keep all of them. Plus it will take quite a while for them to outgrow our tank. Relax and enjoy.

I agree angel lover. Keep your babes. You'll have to do more water changes than if you just had a few in your tank, but with some added filtration and a close eye, you should be fine. If and when they become noticably crowded or any of them are less than thriving, you know it's time re-evaluate your situation. You know what you're doing with your angels; you'll be fine. :nod:

Ok I know this is really bad but I have always just had the filter that came with the tank(from wal-mart)and I always do my weekly water changes and I have never had a problem.Now I noticed someone mentioned an airstone what exactly is that??And what should I do for added filtration???

Most reactions

Back