How Long Will A Filter Last ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

liam74

Reaction score
evening all, my 2 goldfish have out grown there tank so was passed on to a friend today who has the room for them, my plan is now is to put tropical fish in this tank.

the tank is a 24X15X12, with 1 X fluval No2 and 1 X fluval No1, what i want to know is how long will the filters survive in the tank without any fish in it for ? possible go and get some fish at weekend.

if they will only survive for a few hours or maybe a day i could put them in my jewel tank but that currently house a jewel compact and a interpet No1 and by adding a extra 2 filters it will be a bit cramped.

thanks in advance for your time and responses

regards

liam

Just keep adding flake food to the tank to keep the filters going, and maybe just add the fluval one over to the other tank as it only a tiny filter.

As Wilder mentioned, adding fish flakes will keep the bacteria going as the food will decay and create the ammonia they need. You can also get a bottle of pure/clear ammonia (nothing with detergents, fragrances or surfactants) and add some every day to keep the bacteria fed. You could do this indefinitely and keep them fed until you are ready to put more fish in.

Most reactions

trending

Back