How long should a quality heater last?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cometcattle

Go Hawks!
Reaction score
I have a Tronic 150w submersible in my 29g(US) that has been running for about 7 years. There is now moisture in the heater, and I plan on replacing it.

This is the first one I've ever replaced so I'm curious how long they are supposed to last, if they are in the proper tank size.

I had a 150 watt Visa-Therm last 14 years. It would have lasted longer if I didn't forget to unplug it before removing it from the tank. *explode noise* :crazy: That is a mistake I will never make again.

I have moisture in my heater too, it works well. I have no intent of replacing. Its also a hagen heater, its a preset compact 200 watt.

I have visetherm glass heaters these have never had moisture inside and I have the new stealth visetherm and these aren't see-thru so who knows whats in these???

I have old plenplax heaters that most be 30 years old or more and all work well.

I really wouldn't worry about your tronic problem, Contact hagen at www.hagen.com see what they say?

swampcat said:
I have moisture in my heater too, it works well.  I have no intent of replacing. Its also a hagen heater, its a preset compact 200 watt.

I have visetherm glass heaters these have never had moisture inside and I have the new stealth visetherm and these aren't see-thru so who knows whats in these???

I have old plenplax heaters that most be 30 years old or more and all work well.

I really wouldn't worry about your tronic problem, Contact hagen at www.hagen.com see what they say?
Thanks swampcat.

I replaced it last week. I bought this Rena:

http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_det...D=1114770676661

I still have the heater. I will contact Hagen. I'm curious.

EDIT: I just E-mailed Hagen, I'll update if I get a response.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back