How long have you been in the hobby?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

as a family we always had goldfish since I was about two (until we had to get rid of them a few years back). So around 13 years (as a family).

Got my own tropical tank earlier this year, so I'm still a newbie with these guys ;)

Over 30 years .

couple of little breaks ,most currently 12 years without a break,always reading about the hobby.

I started in the 4th grade , I was 9 , I'm 42 now .

Anyone know what grade that is ?

I don't know why but I like that question .

I got my first tank in 1993, it's the 16 gal that's in my sig. That makes it 11 years now. Heh, suddenly I feel old. ;) About a year later I got a 34 gal tank. I'll get my third one this spring, a 26 gal one with honey gouramis, harlequin rasboras and kuhlii loaches.

EDIT - Got that 26 gal now! As it was fully cycled and in use up until the moment it was moved to my place, and came with used filters and sand, I dared put in a shoal of harlequins already. So far so good. :)

Morrgan said:
I got my first tank in 1993, it's the 16 gal that's in my sig. That makes it 11 years now. Heh, suddenly I feel old. ;) About a year later I got a 34 gal tank. I'll get my third one this spring, a 26 gal one with honey gouramis, harlequin rasboras and kuhlii loaches.
You feel old , I'm the older generation fish keeper in my house . I'll have my son post latter .

lucky62 said:
You feel old, I'm the older generation fish keeper in my house. I'll have my son post latter .
Well, 11 years is only a little less than half of my whole life. And when only looking at the number it seems like a looooooong time, whereas it doesn't seem like I've been keeping fish for that long. I guess it's a just matter of perspective. :)

Morrgan said:
lucky62 said:
You feel old, I'm  the older generation fish keeper in my house. I'll  have my son post latter .
Well, 11 years is only a little less than half of my whole life. And when only looking at the number it seems like a looooooong time, whereas it doesn't seem like I've been keeping fish for that long. I guess it's a just matter of perspective. :)
Morrgan , I'm at about 3 /4ths of my life at fish keeping , It seems like yesterday at times , when I started, I really love it , so does my son , he's 12 , I got him his own 10 gal when he was three[ I maintained it ] , let him make some real disasterous choices . Now he has a 55 , 30 , 20 , 15 and 5 , and I think he makes good choices now [ I'm so jealous , I've had the same 70 gal since 1989, not the same fish ]. I think you anwered 2 of his ?s yesterday ,having to do with honeyhis gouramis and his pearl .I Thank you .

dwarfs is really only 12?? Wow, judging by his posts I would have guessed 16 at least. Anyways, I'm glad I could help. :)

Heh, he has 5 tanks already? Just think how many it'll be at this rate when he reaches my age. ;)

20 years but with many breaks. History -> 1 gallon goldfish -> 5 gallon tropical -> 10 gallon tropical -> 20 gallon saltwater -> 20 gallon planted -> 40 gallon rift lake -> currently 40 gallons of nothing.

About 3 years have had coldwater fish.... goldies in a 100L tank. Was given a 120L tropical tank and its rekindled my interest..... oh also swapped my 100L for a 70L tank to keep the peace at home :look:

Most reactions

trending

Back