How Do You Get Fish To Eat Veggies?

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
3,612
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South Carolina
Just wondering if there is any trick to getting your fish to eat veggies?
I've tryed tomato and cucumber so far with no luck. After I cut a thin slice, I run it under warm tap water for a few mins, and then put it in the tank, but the fish just seem to search around it looking for the food lol.
 
show them horrible pictures of meat lol no i think its down to the fish its self
 
Lol...
I'm trying it in the 125gal. Fish listed in sig.

The tiger barbs start picking at the food clip and accidently a few times nip at the actual food part :P lol
 
try leaving a 1 inch slice of cucumber piece in and no clip just let it float my tigerbarbs when i had them loved it and so did my plecs
 
*nods*
I came around the corner just when our pleco went on it, and my goofy butt scared it b/c I exclaimed "OOO the pleco is eating it!" lol
It swam back under the piece of wood :P lol
So gonna leave it in the tank and hope the pleco comes back out to munch on it.
How long should I leave it in the tank?
 
I'll probably take it out in a few hours. Looks like something has def been munching on it.
Go pleco go!
 
is that a small bit or like a 1 inch piece

and also when ive had numerous plecos in tanks the bigens start it then the little one tunnel through it.


and the tigerbarbs may be interested in lettuce just pour boiling water over it from kettal first and just let it float
 
I leave chunks in until they are gone, sometimes a couple of days, the softer it gets the more my fish enjoy it (cucmber that is), even the ghost likes to suck on some cucumber. Give them time they will get used to it.
 
My angels like wisteria and christmas moss
My danios and gourami like peas
None of them ate cucumber except my old pleco, pleco also ate carrot but I dont know if it is good for them lol
 
I've been putting thin slices of cucumber in the tank. I'll leave them in a bit longer and will try some lettuce :)
How about tomato? Is tht ok for fishies?
 
I never tried a tomato. It seems too squishy and watery for me to try.What about zuchini, cucumber, peas with shells off, lettuce, carrots, brocolli stems, green beans, uhhh spinach. I've read yams and potato slices but not sure on that. Do you have vegetable clips to use for food that doesnt sink?
 
Yep, I have this big ugly one. Shaped like a neon bright clown fish :P lol Only one I could find.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top