How do I make this more aesthetically pleasing?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bigal1855

Reaction score
Hello, I have just reaquascaped my 29g freshwater tank. I want to make it look a little better. Any ideas on how to improve the aesthetic?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 162
I would look at adding more plants. Anacharis and water sprite maybe in the back some sword plants, anubias and java ferns in the middle

I think it will look great once the plants fill in!
and FYI you should either upgrade the tank or rehome the red tailed shark, he looks like eh is already too large for your tank.
they require at least 55 gallons.
I realized that while maybe borderline sufficient it is not the best size for him a while after I got him. Unfortunately I have nowhere to go with but I am careful with my fish selection and am trying to make his environment as good as possible.

I would add some wood behind the stones, and add more substrate--it's pretty shallow. Also, try making the substrate deeper (like, a lot deeper) in the back, sloping down towards the front. This will create a feeling of depth and dimension to the tank.

More plants will help too, but those you have now will start to fill in soon enough.

maybe some floating plants? water sprite and anacharis was mentioned earlier. Both would look nice floating.

Terrance cotta pots stacked on top of one another.
In the right corner then put the plants in front of the openings of the pots...kinda like rooms.
Red tails like a lot of hiding areas and dense plants too stalk around in.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back