how could i get a pair?

ryan

Spinning around
Reaction score
i would like to get a pair of angels for my 50g community tank, :D i would like to try and breed them :D . however i am not quite sure how to get a pair, some hav suggested i get i group of six and take the 4 that don't pair back, but i hate taking fish back and what happens if i get favourites that don't pair or something like that :-( , i hav also heard of buying a pair of angels already paired . However, i don't think my lfs will hav this. because my best lfs is huge but i hav never seen any angels in any of their 70 tanks! :-( the other lfs is not that good but has stocked them when young and also has tanks filled with nearly every rare plec from zebra to leopard plecs. but again i doubt they will hav a pair. :-(

another thing that worries me is if i buy a pair will they really be a pair and will they really spawn because the second lfs i described (the only one i hav seen angels in) i don't really trust unlike the other. :-(

what can i do? :-(

Well, sorry to say but your only 2 options are buying a few and letting them grow up together and pair off and take the others back or just buy 2 and hope for the best. I know what you mean about taking fish back to the lfs. I hate doing that also.

Maybe if you wiped all those tears from your eyes you would see things more clearly!! :p

You could buy a proven pair mail order, or from a private seller, or buy 6 or so young ones and have the fun of watching them grow up together and pair off....you might get more than one pair this way remember!! YOu may even get three pairs if you are extremely lucky!! This would be the cheaper option initially, and possibly the most rewarding?? :D

jump

ryan said:
i would like to get a pair of angels for my 50g community tank, :D i would like to try and breed them :D . however i am not quite sure how to get a pair, some hav suggested i get i group of six and take the 4 that don't pair back, but i hate taking fish back and what happens if i get favourites that don't pair or something like that :-( , i hav also heard of buying a pair of angels already paired . However, i don't think my lfs will hav this. because my best lfs is huge but i hav never seen any angels in any of their 70 tanks! :-( the other lfs is not that good but has stocked them when young and also has tanks filled with nearly every rare plec from zebra to leopard plecs. but again i doubt they will hav a pair. :-(

another thing that worries me is if i buy a pair will they really be a pair and will they really spawn because the second lfs i described (the only one i hav seen angels in) i don't really trust unlike the other. :-(

What variant of angels are you looking for? Let me know and Ill see what I can do for ya. By the way, where are you located?

KnuckleHead said:
ryan said:
i would like to get a pair of angels for my 50g community tank, :D  i would like to try and breed them :D . however i am not quite sure how to get a pair, some hav suggested i get i group of six and take the 4 that don't pair back, but i hate taking fish back and what happens if i get favourites that don't pair or something like that :-( , i hav also heard of buying a pair of angels already paired . However, i don't think my lfs will hav this. because my best lfs is huge but i hav never seen any angels in any of their 70 tanks! :-(  the other lfs is not that good but has stocked them when young and also has tanks filled with nearly every rare plec from zebra to leopard plecs. but again i doubt they will hav a pair.  :-(

another thing that  worries me is if i buy a pair will they really be a pair and will they really spawn because the second lfs i described (the only one i hav seen angels in) i don't really trust unlike the other. :-(

What variant of angels are you looking for? Let me know and Ill see what I can do for ya. By the way, where are you located?
it depends on what i can get i would like the wild coloured angels but the ones i hav seen for sale are gold and black marbeled angels, i do not want vieltails

i'm from england, cmabridgeshire :D

Well since your across the pond from me theres not much Ill be able to do. I hear there are reputable stores there that will send you the fish you want.

Most reactions

Back