How can one fish make you so angry

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Ok iv spent all morning travelling a hour and some to get some fish , I buy 8 Columbian tetra and 5 silver dollars I return home with in 10 minutes I have 3 tetra and 1 silver dollar , my Oscar is a complete penis and itā€™s really annoyed me that I have gone out my way to buy dither fish suited to that demon and itā€™s made no difference as itā€™s gonna eat them all , I over fed him this morning to try and stop itā€™s impulse but itā€™s just eating for fun now cus itā€™s not hungry , itā€™s only 7inches and itā€™s swallowing 4inch silver dollars like they are giving him a high , so annoyed as my smaller eba are smaller than these silver dollars and they donā€™t get eaten I just wanna punch a fish so bad

There's not a lot you can put with a 7" Oscar unless its bigger than it
Mate so angry right now iv got no choice but to sit and watch the thing eat them aswel I donā€™t have a second tank and really they were only bought for this tank so wouldnā€™t want them in any other , I honestly thought Iā€™m such large Groups they would just chill n all be ok but it was trying to eat them through the bag when I was floating them , gutted to say the least so my options of dither fish are non basically

Mate so angry right now iv got no choice but to sit and watch the thing eat them aswel I donā€™t have a second tank and really they were only bought for this tank so wouldnā€™t want them in any other , I honestly thought Iā€™m such large Groups they would just chill n all be ok but it was trying to eat them through the bag when I was floating them , gutted to say the least so my options of dither fish are non basically
Any chance of removing them to a floating container and then re homing them in the next couple of days. Honestly Oscars are mean Sons of b.....

Any chance of removing them to a floating container and then re homing them in the next couple of days. Honestly Oscars are mean Sons of b.....
Honestly thereā€™s nothing to rehome , there is one Columbian hiding in the corner , itā€™s ate them all and not even any mess for the pleco , days like this make me want to close my tank tbh

You need to find either another big Oscar, or big Jack dempsey or the like
He lives fine with my electric blue acara , the way I feel I might put my acara and pleco in a new tabk and buy 4 red belly piranha and put them in with it

Honestly thereā€™s nothing to rehome , there is one Columbian hiding in the corner , itā€™s ate them all and not even any mess for the pleco , days like this make me want to close my tank tbh
Sorry mate that is one mean Oscar even by Oscar standards

There's a few chiclids, that can work with oscars as well, maybe Bala and Red-Tails too, but oscars are known for being male appendages, you must of got the donkey sized one.......
But no one would of expected 4" silver dollars to get munched.......maybe more mature fish are needed here.

There's a few chiclids, that can work with oscars as well, maybe Bala and Red-Tails too, but oscars are known for being male appendages, you must of got the donkey sized one.......
But no one would of expected 4" silver dollars to get munched.......maybe more mature fish are needed here.
I thought the dollars were safe I really did I have smaller acara but he swallowed them didnā€™t even chew Iā€™m shocked the Oscar isnā€™t dead from an exploded belly I honestly donā€™t know how heā€™s ate everything and it just had the last hiding tetra too

Attachments

• EF0BC4A6-161E-43D6-B09B-94ED403FC446.jpeg
    EF0BC4A6-161E-43D6-B09B-94ED403FC446.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 164
I'm sorry, but I'm kind of growing to like the little bugger :lol:

He has all his own character and personality even if its eating all his tankmates for fun at your annoyance and expenses!

He lives fine with my electric blue acara , the way I feel I might put my acara and pleco in a new tabk and buy 4 red belly piranha and put them in with it

Got a feeling the Oscar will even eat the piranhas too even if you had a large enough tank for them :X
From what I've heard about them in the past from other keepers, believe it or not, piranhas are quite docile, will only attack sick or dying livestock, rarely will they attack healthy livestock!
(unless of course they're starving or something I suppose!)

Quite a boring fish specie actually imho :/
Of course aside from the ferocious attacks that one sees on nature documentaries its quite enthralling to watch!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back