How about that Cleveland baseball?

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

jaylach

Supporting Member
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Today the Cleveland Indians -- Guardians -- beat the Texas Rangers to win their division. Since they are the youngest team in major league baseball, and are starting three rookies, what they have done is pretty amazing and says a LOT about the coaching.

Shoot, when they lost their second base player, Frankie Lindor, to free agency everyone thought the infield defense would go down the tubes. Enter a kid that makes the All-star Team as a rookie. They are also peaking at the right time winning 18 of their last 21 games. :)

I imagine the Brits here are wondering what this is. I can pull for them now they're Guardians. That old logo bothered me. It's a good young team.
Someone has to eliminate the Yankees. I don't care who.

I imagine the Brits here are wondering what this is. I can pull for them now they're Guardians. That old logo bothered me. It's a good young team.
Someone has to eliminate the Yankees. I don't care who.
LOL! Even though it may not be 'cricket' I think most 'Brits' and others know what baseball is. ;)

I hope your team does well. I grew up with the Montreal Expos, and have been a bit of a person of low sports morals since then. I love baseball, and I tend to pick a team as the season goes along. Technically, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I don't like their direction and my loyalties are weak.
I know who I don't like - NY and Houston but Houston has a pretty deep club. I have been watching the Rays over the past few days, and while they aren't the best team, they are run very well. They are the smartest I've seen this year.
When I did see some Guardians games, they were playing poorly. Things have changed since then.

I expect people know what baseball is, but teams? Every year it seems I notice an NBA or NFL team I didn't know existed, and I'm sure a lot of fans of those sports have the same experience with my beloved hockey.

Brits do know what baseball is - my son played it at school in the 1990s. He always managed to be on the same team as the Japanese student in his class, and the Japanese were even more fanatical than Americans about baseball at the time.

Back in the 1960s, girls played a game called rounders. Very similar to baseball except we used a piggy stick to hit the ball with which was a lot smaller than a baseball bat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back