Hopefully Getting A 2nd 6x2x2

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
Well as title I am hopefully getting a 2nd 6x2x2 to set up when I move house.

I am flaunting with the idea of stocking it with a ray, my BGK and my 2 Fire-Eels.

Would this combination work, and more importantly are there any rays i can realistically keep in a 6x2x2? Motoro or Leopoldi perhaps (smallest according to Baensch atlas).

Ben

I think that the combination of fish would be fine. But I don't think that keeping a stingray in a 6' tank would be enough, even if they are the smallest of the freshwater stingrays. But that is just my opinion.

Problem with a ray wouldn't be so much the 6 foot length, as the 2 foot width. Really want 30" for a ray.

Fill it with 200 neons...would be a site then, if a little bit of a waste...

Motoros and leos are some of the biggest traded rays with disc diameters of up to 24" so a 6x2x2 certainly wouldnt be large enough to house either for life, the smallest species is P.scobina which only attains a disc of around 12" but they are difficult to obtain and usually pricey.
As said to keep rays you really want a tank width of at least 30" and prefferably more, as my rays are growing i feel that the 30" wide tank i have isnt quite big enough and plan to upgrade them to a 8x3x2 tank sometime this year and eventually something even larger to give them the room they need to swim freely, happy rays are extreemly active.

P. Scobina is actually the one I am looking for. I have seen it on a couple of import lists I might be able get them off. I am not going to go for a motoro, leo or retic as i know they all get too big.

The other ones people have mentioned to be are P. Ocellata and P. Hystrix?

Ben

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back