Home Made Fry Foods

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I've heard of it and tried it, but always seem to foul my water.... even with only a few drops of it.

Boil an egg, separate the yolk and squeeze through linen and feed the pulp. Now I'm not sure if this is to develop infusoria in the tank or if they actually eat the yolk??.... anyone knows??

Question 2 is; are there any other effective home made foods for fry or adults.....(e.g. I've heard of frozen minced chicken liver - which also happened to foul my water extremely)

Every foodstuff will foul the water to a certain degree, Ah old skool like myself boiled egg yolk through the old linen hankerchief trick. Well to tell you the truth back then and even now to a certain extent "IT Works" as regarding feeding the fry goes. I never let it stay in the tank too long even a few drops made the water cloudy so I would waterchange everyother day using airline to syphon any debris from the tank base. So with that amount of waterchanges I think infusoria never got the chance. Nowdays I culture my own infusoria as many aquarists do.
I use a lot of livefood for my fish and this is fed along side a good quality flake where possible (Diapterons and Nothos to a certain extent are the exception to the rule).
I culture a lot of my own livefood and gleen a lot from the garden in the summer months.
Regards
BigC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back