Hnag On Wall Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Oh common! Put some thought into it. It can work. if it is 6cm off the wall you could at least put some fish that only stay one inch long in it. It isn't 'prime' so to speak but it CAN work.
It's not a question of putting thought into it, I don't like them, simple as that. As I said before, it's just my opinion. ;)

Well the thread is about what he should put in it. Not if you agree or disagree with a picture frame tank. The purpose for those tanks I think are to hang them up to look at. So I'd get some small 1" active fish. Hatchet fish are small and active in groups. They jump but that shouldn't be a problem in the tank.

endlers livebearers, microrasbora, pygmy cories, shrimp, really most of the fish from the fish suitable for 10gal tanks pinned topic would be ok for it.

nothing as big as a neon

Just over 6" wide, plenty of room. The trouble is that other people are just seeing it as really long and really narrow inc comparison- if you thought about it as a shorter tank, there's plenty reccomended for those sizes, and this is even bigger. I'd say nothing wrong with tetras in there, they'd love the extra length and the width wouldn't make much difference as they won't need to turn as much.

You could always go marine.

Many of the hanging tanks are at least 10, if not 20 gallons. Plenty of room for some smaller gobies in there.

Hell, you could probably get a small frogfish in there.

Dwarf seahorses would also be a real possibility.

There's plenty that can go in a tank that size. Think about it. What is so bad about putting a small 1" fish in a tank that is 6" wide? I don't see people saying an oscar needs a minimum of 60" front to back...

You could always go marine.

Many of the hanging tanks are at least 10, if not 20 gallons. Plenty of room for some smaller gobies in there.

Hell, you could probably get a small frogfish in there.

Dwarf seahorses would also be a real possibility.

There's plenty that can go in a tank that size. Think about it. What is so bad about putting a small 1" fish in a tank that is 6" wide? I don't see people saying an oscar needs a minimum of 60" front to back...

I was thinking of marine as i have a 12 gallon already so i have lots of mature media to start it up. Maybe i will look into dwarf seahorses.

I agree. I have in the past made a thread about how people have drastically different standards on tank sizes for large fish vs small fish. The rule of thumb I hear around here is 1.5 times as deep (front to back), and 4x lenght for the minimum size of a tank relative to the fish's length. For "active" tank busting fish, the rule goes to 2x depth, 6+ times length. Yet, people FREAK OUT at the idea of putting a 2 inch fish in a tank that is 6 inches deep, and 71 inches long. HOLYCRAP, that is a ton of room. 3x their body length to turn around, and a HUGE amout of space to swim back and forth in. (35x body length!)

:puts on flame proof vest now that I spoke out against the crowd:

I would stock it lighter than a normal tank though, since we don't know how good the built in filtration is. Also, it probably has small amount of surface area to get O2 into the water, another reason for light stocking.

Yeah i would defo go for light stocking i was just wondering what to put in it. Maybe male guppies for activity and splashes for colour, somthing for the top maybe marbled hatchets (the smaller ones right?) and for along the bottom some sort of tiny corie (is there a dwarf type) if not i could just rehome them in my other tanks and get new smaller ones when they got big.

I cant wait to get it and put it up. They are in stock in 3 weeks, damn i cant wait that long, may have to redecorate my tanks to keep my mind busy.

galaxy rasbora's / Celestial Pearl Danio they stay under an inch long so there small very peacefull

onlyt problem is finding them

however as your in london i have some galaxy fry which will be for sale in a months times (roughly)

pm me if intrested

by the way i didnt say galaxy because im breeding them. i said it because they are a suitable fish for that size tank :good:

chris

Maybe i will look into dwarf seahorses.

Are these available in the UK? I read somewhere they can't be exported from the US because they're a protected species.

If you go freshwater, all the dwarf shrimp will be fine in a skinny tank. Red cherries, crystal red, bumblebee etc.

AWwww there not, i really wanted some of them aswell!!!! DAMN! Oh they had a sale on some cherry shrimp, they were tiny like 1/2 cm and 10 for £1

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back