Hikari Bio-Gold+

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AeonMapa

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So I've gotten this fishfood about two weeks ago, and I just wanted to share my experiences with it.
I bought the Hikari bio gold+ for cichlids (they have it in other varieties too) primarily to feed my severum, electric blue jack Dempsey and my geophagus.

I'll give the bad news first:
The smallest pellet size is too large for anything but  a 3" fish to handle comfortably. however they do crumble easily enough.
Its a floating pellet so bottom feeding cichlids like rams and geos aren't so interested in it.
that's it really.

Now for the good news!
My EBJD and severum love it. I have to crumble it up for my baby Dempsey but the sev can take them whole. They really go crazy for it and gobble it up quick. my gourami steals a good bit of it and is enjoying the benefits as well
The ingredient list is amazing. Its got all the essential vitamins for fish growth, color enhancers, garlic for anti parasites, spirulina, whole fish meal and most importantly its got what is called the Hikari germ.
This is kind of like yoghurt with live microorganisms in it. This little bacteria help in digestion and live in the fishes gut. The result is efficient digestion and absorption of nutrients from the pellets and any other food the fish is fed.

Results?
In just two weeks, I see improved color, vigor, growth, lustre and shape. Yes shape. Apparently the formula stops distended bellies from occurring, and I guess the high nutrient content makes for good body development. The colors are getting brighter by the day, the metallic fish get shinier,  and the growth rate is quite phenomenal! I supplement with high protein food such as earthworms and spirulina flakes.

I'd suggest any serious fishkeeper to go out there and give this product a try!

Hikari is an excellent food, I have used it in the past and fish do really well on it, however in time I found serious aggression problems developed with cichlids fed on this food too regularly. I went through a nightmare time of fish constantly fighting and feeding time was a nightmare so I changed foods and within a couple of weeks the aggression went. So if you find aggression levels rise with your fish cut out the Hikari :)

woah I wonder why that happned? maybe they feel so good that they are more demanding of territory, or they love it so much they wont share haha

Most reactions

trending

Back