Higher quality bettas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Flushable Pets

Fishaholic
2x Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I am entertaining the idea of getting another betta, but our LFS never have any high quality bettas like I see on here and other forums. I'm not looking for any specific morph or color, just something unique (and not $500!). Where do y'all get your bettas or who is a reputable source located in the USA? Thanks!

I have been keeping an eye on KeepFishKeeping.com - it's the KG Tropicals folks (if you watch their YouTube videos). The lady (Lisa) is a betta fanatic so they set up a big room of all bettas that she cares for and sells. There are pictures and videos of each betta on the website.

My tank is about a month or two away from being ready for fish but I think I might get mine from Lisa when I'm ready.

Hello,

I'm also interested in getting a healthy and beautiful Betta but I've read (too) many times that Plakat 'dragon' have thickening scale problems and 'multicolored' will all grow cyst/tumor and also change their colours/patterns due to marble gene. @hansgruber7 can you confirm ?

I don't know about the Plakats or what people mean by "mulitcolored" but I bought three bettas on aquabid and they've all been healthy. One of them is multi-colored in my profile pic (though he shifted colors over time which I think is normal.) The others weren't multi-colored but were healthy. The changing colors is true on the marble gene but that doesn't mean it's unhealthy. You can get some problems if a betta is subject to too much inbreeding, but that depends on the breeder.

By 'multicolored' they mean all comnination of galaxy, fancy, nemo, avatar and so fourth.
How long did you keep yours ?

Last edited:
By 'multicolored' they mean all comnination of galaxy, fancy, nemo, avatar and so fourth.
How long did you keep yours ?
Ah. I don't know about that kind of multicolored then. The one in my profile pic is alive and well a year and a half later.

Mo Bettas or BettaWorld are good.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back