"hiding" Platy

Oscar Betta

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have 3 platys in my 20 gallon tank and 2 of them are very active but one is always under the log i have in there. Nothing looks wrong with him but he's always hiding under the log. Should I be concerned?

I have 3 platys in my 20 gallon tank and 2 of them are very active but one is always under the log i have in there. Nothing looks wrong with him but he's always hiding under the log. Should I be concerned?

EDIT: For some reason this topic double posted can a mod please lock or delete one?

As i see it, some fish will always be loners. I have a shoal of blood fin tetras but one of them refuses to shoal. It just sits quite happily in a corner and does it's own thing. Your Platy has probably set his stall out where he is atm and is perfectly happy doing his own thing :)

EDIT: For some reason this topic double posted can a mod please lock or delete one?

No idea why this post was merged with a floating bogwood thread but no. There is no problem with your platy. He has probably found an area he likes and has claimed it as his own :)

Is it a him? could be a female possibly ready to drop fry,they tend to hide away at this time...

The guy told me he got me all males so it better not be doing that.

forum had a real hiccup last night. I merged two threads about floating bogwood together, and some of these posts got in there with it. So, I'm splitting it into its own thread, and then merging back with the other hiding platy thread.

Oh that other hiding play post my fault. I accidentally did a double post. ;)

Most reactions

Back