Hi Salties

ooo never spotted that journal of trod's before ! only ever read the one with the both of you's setting up the bouy's . That will be this evening's reading material ! :good: lol

Think i may just go down the uncured road. Cany you buy it uncured online ? shall try some of my lfs' . Have 3 /4 dobbies within an hours drive either way that would be worth a shot if my own lfs won't do it

Thanks
Kizz
:D

If you find anywhere online that sells uncured LR then please let us know as ive tried everywhere. I plan on setting up my little boyu 10g which I plan to make a FOWLR setup but want to cure the rock myself, mainly so I can experience the cycling process of a marine tank for ...........er,...........experience!

It would double up as a QT aswell

Coventry Aquatics claim to sell it uncured but nothing on there website . It's either LR £10per KG or Reefrock Reef bones . Don't think this is what we're looking for tho

Kizz

Ring Robin at Coventry aquatics - he is one of the good guys :good:

Just had a quick look and came up with this one, but have never used this company

http://www.warehouse-aquatics.co.uk/gravel-substrates-rock/ocean-rock-live-rock/fiji-grade-a-uncured-live-rock-22kg-mixed-box-p-2985.html

and another

http://www.cheshirereefaquatics.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=105&products_id=272

I bought some of the reef bones from Coventry Aquatics but beware they are very dense and heavy not like Live Rock. My branching piece cost about £25, it was only £4.99 a kilo but probably 4x as dense, so not a cheap alternative.

Oh gawd, I can't honestly remember, have a look at my journal it might say in there somewhere :good:

One word of warning if you are curing it yourself, be prepared for the smell :crazy: :sick: boy does it stink, but thanks to ski, the solution seems to be is to add extra carbon, I also added an external filter, to help. I got a real sense of achievement curing my own rock, it is well worth it :D if you need any advice feel free to ask or again have a look at my journal all the ups and downs are in there

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/282326-the-indecisive-journal-of-trods-5-footer/

Well hi all :D Thought i would do a bit of an update :D I've been gettin help from some local reefers . Was told about a HOB fuge read up on it so have decided to go down this route person who told me about it has ran this for 2 years without a skimmer so finger's crossed . This has been ordered and should be here some point this week :D

Have also bought an ro unit ...Well actually i've bought 2 ! but with Di unit all piping etc for £40 ! which i thought myself was not to shabby

The last of my FW fish went today and the external filter goes tomorrow . So tomorrow is tank strip down day !I'm dreading removing the argos play sand from it ! lol anyway this can be used ? perhaps mixed with this?

OH has done a wee design of how tank will look when we do the rebuild . Tank currently sits on 8 aereated blocks so we plan to increase by another 6 so tank can sit further forward leaving a 6-8 " gap at the back to put a little shelf/ledge to support the HOB from underneath(just in case) and to also sit starter unit's plugs etc in easy reach . So will look a bit like this
IMG00224-20110308-0756.jpg
Still undecided on what front i'm going to put on but thinkin about wood panneling with hinges at the bottom and magnets at the top so it all get's pulled down as one piece

Feel like i've finally made some progress :D

Thanks
Kizz

LOL ! Just a quick sketch he done all handy work will be left to him . I suspect he'll do it one day while we're all out the house to give him peace to get on with it lol . He built last frame hood etc so if water spills out this time i'll know it's just to spite me !

Thanks
Kizz

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back