Hi Salties

Thanks seffie ! So that's lights a Definate , I've also decided on RO unit from one suggested by "HarryGeorge" lol ! Power heads i was looking at the twin set on ebay for £15 !here

To Cure my own LR what is it that i need exactly ? Is ocean rock the wrong sort of rock ? was reading over woody's thread and assumed that is what was used .I'm just thinkin finacially 64 kg is a hell of a big shell out in one go wouldn't bother me having all equipement and just rock watching and doing water changes .Will have to save to buy first lot of CUC fish corals etc anyway

Also can you shed light on my filter question
I also seem to be confusing myself a little bit even tho i have thing written down . Do i need a external filter ? Or with LR and skimmer is that the equivelant of having and external filter :S

Thanks Again
Kizz
:D

IMO plenty of LR and a good skimmer would be all you would need for basics but you would need to think about running phosphate remover to keep algae down and if you decide to have coral then phos must be at zero. Also could do with running activated carbon and nitrate remover if you have a heavy bioload ( too many fish)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Mmmmmm re: powerheads, you pays your money and takes your choice - to be honest I would only use one of those cheap ones to mix my salt (which I do :p) take a look at the koralia or the new-waves, more expensive but cheaper to run, quiter and less likely to break after six months!!!

Remember you are looking for approx x 20 flow or more

Seffie x

Thank again for replies ! Hate feeling like such a noob seems like i'm bombarding you lot with questions ! So My external can go and i will use funds from that are other cash if needed to get the Deltec 600 . Would the deltec300 be too small ? is there no inbetween like a 500? lol and am i correct in thinkin the phosphate remover will fit in the deltec (phosphate remover is rowaphos?? :S)

seffies 20X more flow :S more flow than what ? tank size ? confused on that one sorry :blush: & I shall go look at the Koralia just now

So my list so far is
Deltec 600
1T8 Marine Blue 30W + 2 T5 39W white reef 10k
Saltwater test kit (watching hagen complete kit on ebay this any good ?)

Also is there any reefers from scotland on here ? just so i can get a jist of what lfs's to go to and which to steer clear of from local's

Thanks
Kizz

20 x 112 gallons :good: divided between four powerheads unless you afford to blow loads of dosh with x 2 vortechs :hyper:

There is a deltec 500, but really you want to stick out for the 600, one will come along, be patient :p we will also keep an eye out for you :good:

Phosban is cheaper and just as good :good: and yes, it can go in the deltec 600

Look for salifert test kits, pm Ozzie, he may have some for sale

Seffie x

Gotcha now ! would ! be ok to start of with 2 finding odd one's here and there . God i wish i could win the lottery not loads i'm not greedy just enough to set this up lol . The thought of having to stare into an empty tank for next month of so is driving me crazy lol . Even if i could just get water and some LR in it i would be happy lol . Now it's not that i'm impatient i'm just one of those woman that get's an idea in her head and i can't settle until that idea is fully formed . All i've done for past 2 days is research equipment lol not even had a chance to research any fish or coral's .

Though i do know i would preffer more coral's inverts than i do fish . Was re-reading you n trod's journal and seen a fish called Flame hawk? i think (read so much it's all becoming a blur !) i would like clown's that's a definate perhaps a blenny or 2 with a few wrasse . Also seen this Gorgeous black fish at 2 of my LFS's it's fin's are on top rather than below ? Shall try n source name and picture.

Also are crab's a need be ? I seen trod's problems with her emerald crab and do not want one of those lil blighters messing my tank ! lol . The 19G i was originally going to convert will end up being prison/quaranteen/frag/hosp tank once existing fry are away .

And shall PM ozzie in morning as i think i may end up rambling along to him as i have just done here ! LAte night with a long day and then work tomorrow ....Guess who'll be cranky tomorrow !

Thank you sooo much for your help seffie :drinks: & Woody too :D

Thanks
Kizz

would ! be ok to start of with 2 finding odd one's here and there

Its all according how much flow they throw out

Though i do know i would preffer more coral's inverts than i do fish . Was re-reading you n trod's journal and seen a fish called Flame hawk? Indeed, love my hawk, but he is a pest I as I cant keep shrimps unless they are huge, same with snails, I have to buy big mexiacn turbos

Also are crab's a need be ? I seen trod's problems with her emerald crab and do not want one of those lil blighters messing my tank ! lol .

An emerald crabs in a tank your size would not be a problem, you may even decide you want one, they love hair and bubble algae

Thank you sooo much for your help seffie :drinks: & Woody too :D

Your welcome

Your doing just fine so far. Just keep researching like you have been and you will have no probs (+ we've got your back) you can never have too much knowledge when marines are concerned.

Don't worry, the time will fly by between now and when your ready to get the tank up and running, just keep researching.

Remember patience is the key in this game!

Thanks for comments . Still researching like mad scouring gumtree ad trader and AC to see if anyone near by is breaking a tank near me . Jsut remembered last night that i'm away on holiday end of may (that's how mushed up my head is with info that i forgot about my holiday!) Having a friend house sit as i have housecats and don't feel overly comfortable with her watching the tank as if anything goes wrong she would be majorly upset as would i being 100's of miles away and not being able to help in anyway . Sooo.... Plan is to strip down my tank sell everything get hood rebuilt and spruce up the stand and buy all equipment and research research and maybe research some more ! lol So be prepared for lots of questions and opinions being asked and lots of mundane pictures of equipment ! lol

Found 2 deltec's on AC have mailed as it was £100 posted for them from both people so just waiting to hear back . Also one ending on ebay in 2 days so watching that too anything under £150 is a bargain in my eyes so finger's crossed :blink:

Thanks
Kizz

Be very careful with AC, only pay via paypa as there have been some scams on there in the last year

Seffie x

Yeah wouldn't pay any other way that paypal . Least i know i can raise any problems with them and get cash back if something goes wrong . Have also placed an ad looking for the item's too so hopefully i'll get equipment RO unit first tho that way i can get it set up n working lol

Thanks
Kizz

Hey have you got a picture of the tank you are going to convert?

Yep i most certainly do . I love my tank i like how it's deeper than bought shop tanks

_1295755.jpg

Kizz

Well this is the start of the strip down . My breeding group of Angel's and 2 firemouth's are going away this evening :( . Kinda of sad as i've had the Angel's for around 2 years but really excited at what's going to be happening . Just means with sale of these i will be purchasing the RO Unit tomorrow before work ! Wooohoooo

Thanks
Kizz
:fun: :fun:

Hey folks another wee quick question . What kind of salt am i looking for ? There's Marine Salt & Reef salt ? What's the diffrence ? Is there a better brand to use?

Thanks
Kizz

You want to buy a decent salt - look at the side and choose one that has calcium at or more than 400, I use H2o

Seffie x

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back