Hi please help

Both are platies. The orange one is female and the other one is a male. The anal fin is already changing into a gonopodium.
can you explain more?
o
By the way : your location tells me I should be really jealous of you. It seems absolutely lovely
oh thanks
Whoaaaa.
Do you really want to get involved with the hobby?
The fish are lovely. A planted aquarium can be superb and the hours spent cleaning, feeding, changing water etc can be very rewarding but it's also a trap for casual uncommitted souls who think it's all easy going. It can have a huge impact on your lifestyle. It really does take you into territory you didn't ever think you'd be in. The cost also gets quite significant as you start to build up the tanks into your dream ideas
I started out with a pyrex dish and 4 sticklebacks I caught in a local pond with my 4 year old grandson. I now have 8 tanks, and am planning a marine setup as soon as I can make room for it. It's cost me a damn fortune over the last 4 years
View attachment 166483

By the way : your location tells me I should be really jealous of you. It seems absolutely lovely
by the way, i home school so I'm always at home.

Both are platies. The orange one is female and the other one is a male. The anal fin is already changing into a gonopodium.

Sounds like poop. But could you post a photo, so we can give a better judgement?
This was yesterday,
d7a41f5b-de7f-4879-a1fd-c48aa04ada6d.jpg

then i saw in the morning theres nothing
then now the sunset here:

Nice views......... but not nice people well..... most of the people are not nice yk what i mean.

I'll be honest, in that kind of setup the fish are not likely going to live long and they will suffer. I would suggest rehoming them.

ohh, i wish but there's nobody here in this country that wants it, there are no fish rescues and barely any people who love and care properly for there fish in this country, and the best care it gives is sugar gliders and cats that what its obbssed with but i promise you i will do best.

why isn't anybody helping? this forum is rude!
It's hard to sometimes... We're not sure what other info you want I think.
We already said to either put them in a larger tank with plants or to just re-home them to a local pet store or something.

Also we have been helping you but others have already offered a lot of useful advice and it seems like you are getting the stuff together for them.

Where are the fish now?

And also, that tank you bought is only 8.5L which is only 2.2 gallons... I would HIGHLY recommend getting a larger tank of about 10 gallons (37.8L)

2.2 gallons is only big enough for like two shrimps or a few snas

It's hard to sometimes... We're not sure what other info you want I think.
We already said to either put them in a larger tank with plants or to just re-home them to a local pet store or something.

Also we have been helping you but others have already offered a lot of useful advice and it seems like you are getting the stuff together for them.

Where are the fish now?
with us

You guys asked me for pics of the poop i post it and you didn't say anything.

Most reactions

Back