The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Mikeyboy123

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
Hi.

just joined so would like to introduce myself.

I kept fish for many years but stopped when I moved house about 11 years ago. Just getting back into it now, and am currently cycling a nano, as it is all Iā€™ve got space for at the moment.

in the past Iā€™ve kept Apistos and all sorts of tetras, nothing particularly esoteric.

I plan to have a beta and some chilli rasboras and shrimp in my nano. Iā€™ll also plant it with some undemanding plants. Probably some valis, aponogeton crispus and cryptocoryne wendtii, and some moss and Java fern on wood.

Iā€™ll post some pics when my nano is properly set up.

If it goes well and I can find some more space Iā€™d like to set up some larger tanks and keep Apistos again, and also other smaller cichlids such as Laetacara, Nannacara, Kribs and shell dwellers. Iā€™m also quite interested in rainbow fish.

I look forward to contributing to this form and will no doubt have a few questions along the way.

Best regards,

Mike.

Hi.

just joined so would like to introduce myself.

I kept fish for many years but stopped when I moved house about 11 years ago. Just getting back into it now, and am currently cycling a nano, as it is all Iā€™ve got space for at the moment.

in the past Iā€™ve kept Apistos and all sorts of tetras, nothing particularly esoteric.

I plan to have a beta and some chilli rasboras and shrimp in my nano. Iā€™ll also plant it with some undemanding plants. Probably some valis, aponogeton crispus and cryptocoryne wendtii, and some moss and Java fern on wood.

Iā€™ll post some pics when my nano is properly set up.

If it goes well and I can find some more space Iā€™d like to set up some larger tanks and keep Apistos again, and also other smaller cichlids such as Laetacara, Nannacara, Kribs and shell dwellers. Iā€™m also quite interested in rainbow fish.

I look forward to contributing to this form and will no doubt have a few questions along the way.

Best regards,

Mike.
I would do a betta only tank ,you would overstock the tank

I would be worried that a betta might try to eat small fish like chili rasboras.

Every betta is different. Over the years I've had bettas which ignored cherry shrimp, both adults and babies (the shrimp population grew with him), bettas which ignored adults but ate baby shrimps, and bettas which killed adult shrimp. The trouble is you don't know which kind you have till you try it.

I would be worried that a betta might try to eat small fish like chili rasboras.

Every betta is different. Over the years I've had bettas which ignored cherry shrimp, both adults and babies (the shrimp population grew with him), bettas which ignored adults but ate baby shrimps, and bettas which killed adult shrimp. The trouble is you don't know which kind you have till you try it.
Yeah, Iā€™ll give it a go and if the shrimp are all eaten then I guess the beta has had a nice meal. I expect the baby shrimp will be eaten but hopefully with enough plants and hiding places in the decor a few will survive. Iā€™m not dead set on anything right now, and itā€™ll be a good few weeks before I start stocking the tank as Iā€™ve only just started cycling it. Just giving it some thought and appreciate your comments.

Yeah, Iā€™ll give it a go and if the shrimp are all eaten then I guess the beta has had a nice meal. I expect the baby shrimp will be eaten but hopefully with enough plants and hiding places in the decor a few will survive. Iā€™m not dead set on anything right now, and itā€™ll be a good few weeks before I start stocking the tank as Iā€™ve only just started cycling it. Just giving it some thought and appreciate your comments.
I wish you luck then!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back