FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

n3ont3tra

Lets go Flyers
Reaction score
But unfortunately there's bad news.
Some of you might remember my tank.
37 gallons, no skimmer, no nsump
Clarkii Clownfish, Midas Blenny, Mated Pair of Flame Hawkfish, and Six Line Wrasse.
It's been setup for a while now... over two years.
The blenny is the oldest inhabitant, he's been there for the longest, since September '07. We got him at our LFS when he was full grown already.
He found a cave in one of the rock and it's been his favorite spot ever since.
100_2842.jpg

mypics230.jpg

Last Thusday I noticed he had a small dark spot inside of him, pea sized. It wasn't in his belly. It was about midway through him. You could see it on both sides of him. I knew it couldn't be good, but his behavior was normal and he was eating fine. I was about to go on vacation anyway, so I just left my mom to take care of the tank, like she has many times before.

When I got back yesterday, I asked her how it was and she said everything was fine. The fish were doing fine but she didn't think blenny was eating as much.

I fed them their favorite food (frozen mysis and fomula one flake), and sure enough, blenny didn't even come out of his cave.

Sometimes he's a little shy, but I walked out of the room and peeked around the corner, and he still didn't move. He just watched.

So, I made up water for a water change for today.

I woke up today and blenny was dead.
RIP.
:-(

All of the other fish are doing fine. My only coral (a ricordia) is doing fine. Everything's eating and swimming around like normal.
Test parameters are normal for this tank:
0ppm ammonia
0ppm nitrites
20ppm nitrates
sg is 1.027

Thanks. Yeah he was such a great fish.
I keep looking over and seeing his cave empty. :-(

Tough news about the Blenny man, but good to see you back :good:

:hi: back friend :good:

I know this is going to sound awful :blush: but for one awful moment I thought you were going to say something about your hawk pair, now that would be just terrible. But I am of course sorry you lost such a sweet Blenny :sad:

Seffie x

:fish:

Heh. XD
The hawks are doing great. They love to perch on the magfloat. XD

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back