Hi All

Freya7

Reaction score
Hello all!  I'm new to having fish.  I got a beta fish as a gift.  I bought a 3 gallon tank for it and I am having a hard time finding a good heater for it.  I read on here that it is better to have an adjustable water heater because they work on a thermostat.  Can anyone give me any suggestions.  I did find the National Geographic submersible water heater with 10 watts of power, but it is not adjustable.  Is that one any good?  Thanks for any info.  :)

attibones

Reaction score
It will be hard to reliably heat a tank that small. 10 watts seems pretty small. You'll need a heater that can keep the water at 80 degrees. Heaters which are not adjustable usually can only go to 76 or 78 or about four degrees above room temp. I haven't seen an adjustable heater which was smaller than 25 watts. It also may be a good idea to upgrade the tank. At PetsMart you can pick up a ten gallon kit with a heater included for about thirty or forty dollars, which is a good price. I personally wouldn't keep a betta in anything smaller than a five unless it was an emergency or temporary.

Ninjouzata

Two Eels Are Better Than One
Chatroom Moderator
Reaction score
to TFF! Hope you enjoy it here.

THIS may be a good read for you, as well as THIS.

I think a 25W would be about right for this size tank? HERE is one from PetCo.

trending

Most reactions - Past 7 days