Is 26 degrees Celsius too hot for these tropical fish?

FishFriend0

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Joined
Dec 31, 2023
Messages
145
Reaction score
51
Points
28
Location
Salisbury, UK
Hello, I have a 230l fish tank which has a heater that should be adjustable but always heats the water to 26 degrees no matter how you adjust it. I was wondering if this is too hot for these fish and whether it could decrease their life expectancy? Should I buy a new one? These are the fish I have:
Platies
Boesemani rainbowfish
Guppies
Lemon tetras

I was also wondering if a tank with the dimensions l 119cm w 39cm h 59cm is big enough for the boesemani rainbowfish to stay in for their whole lives?
 
It's the warm side - warmer than I would go with. I would keep those fish around 23. But it won't be a bad situation. And the tank size is fine.
 
Is it really heating to 26°C or is it because of the room temperature? If it is the heater, I would replace it.
 
tank size and temperature is fine :)

but if the heater isn't working properly, look into replacing it because they can cook the fish.
 
These fish are fine up to 28C. I keep Boesemani Rainbowfish at 27C and they are about 10 years old. Tank size is also fine.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top