Hi all new member

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Asorchid63

Reaction score
Hi all im new to this forum ..and new to raising Severum fry !!
I now have a mating pair of severums even though I was told they were both male when i bought them lol ..(Red female and green male) they successfully laid and hatched about 50 fry and i managed to save about 20 and put in a separate tank the rest were eaten I assume. They are now 2 weeks old and I have tried feeding them a liquid fry solution but they don't seem to touch it ..im now trying micro worms and they seem to eat these ..What do I go on to next ?? flakes ? they seem too small to feed most things would appreciate advise
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20190702_191906.jpg
    IMG_20190702_191906.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 153
Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

So they won’t eat the liquid fry solution eh?

I would suggest starting to ween then off of the micro worms, and start feeding then brine shrimp. :)

(Please consider entering the July TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen! Thank you!) :thanks: :)

Hi and welcome! I feed Hikari First Bites. It’s a powder and my fry love it. PhoenixKingZ mentioned baby brine shrimp which is another great choice and really make fry grow fast. You can Google how to make a baby brine shrimp hatchery from a water bottle. Very cheap and easy to do. Good luck!

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

So they won’t eat the liquid fry solution eh?

I would suggest starting to ween then off of the micro worms, and start feeding then brine shrimp. :)

(Please consider entering the July TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen! Thank you!) :thanks: :)
thanks will get some

Be sure to get frozen brine shrimp if you are not going to hatch your own. Stay away from the dried ones as they lose their nutritional value.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back