Herons suck

Loopyness

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i helped my grandad with this pond and he had these massive koi carp type fishies and the stupid heron ate all 12 of them,:rip: they were really big as well, because we had looked after them for yearrrrss! Isnt it sad? we did have this net over the pond, but the heron got clever and found out how to get under it and get the fishies. doh! If you ever see a heron near you pond, go and stop it eating all your fish!!

Sorry to hear that mate, Herons are usually deterred by netting. I have bands of fishing line across mine and it stops them no problem. :)

If you put a statue of a blue heron near your pond it also deters them. I had a Heron come and eat all but 2 of my fish (including one of my original koi!! :crazy: :X I will make sure that it NEVER happens again!

Sounds like it's time for a Roast Heron dinner to me..... :*)

Haha oh geez! Our neighbors a few streets down have a fish pond, and the same thing happened. However, since I'm not the one losing valuable and gorgeous fish, I must say..... I like watching the heron! He'll land on the roof of the house behind us, and gosh I love to see him. He's just stunning, and with the binocs even greater. :thumbs:

The only good heron is a dead rotting one, and that goes for all the evil fish eating birds :grr:

We had a problem with a heron which started eating frogs and comets. One morning while the heron was fishing, my dad went out there with the 12 guage. He shot straight up in the air (not at the blue heron of course, they are beautiful birds) and it never came back. I guess that would work ok.

Don

Tell me about it !!!!

I spent a weeks holiday and God alone knows how much money digging and building a pond for my goldfish when they got too big for their tank. I even got Tennis Elbow (a form of RSI) for my trouble.

And what happens, a bloody heron eats all of the fish before I have chance to heron proof it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back