Heres One For You

modaz

Getting old, but nowhere near knackered, i just lo
Joined
Feb 8, 2007
Messages
3,633
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bournemouth Uk
These came in about 2 weeks ago with some plants, origin Singapore, they are just starting to colour up, I presume they were eggs when they came and hatched in our tanks, found them both swimming quite happily amongst the plants about 9 days ago.

I've got 2 of them and they are hungry little things. the dark area on the tail has just started to develop and the tip on the tail is white at the moment

P1060668.jpg
 
Kinda looks like a baby rainbow. But they are normally very small and don't show much color at that age. So I'm not really sure :unsure: .
 
Kinda looks like a baby rainbow. But they are normally very small and don't show much color at that age. So I'm not really sure :unsure: .
yeah it does remind me of a rainbow as well, i know they werent in the tank before this shipment of plants as the tank got gutted and set back up before they arrived. they've got ventrals forming as well.
 
Intresting little thing, but impossible to say just yet.

Looking at the width of the anal and dorsal it may be a rainbow, but many ricefish, the the eggs can be spread this way, the eggs are very sticky and once stuck to the plants they can be shipped as long as their kept damp.

How many to got so far?

Fish48 (gary how u meet befor) has breed many rice fish so he may have a good idea.
 
there is no way of knowing what they are at this stage It will be interesting to know what they turn out as.
 
Boy, all I ever get are things like planaria and plant-eating critters.
I seem to buy from the wrong places...
I hope we get to see pics as they grow - they're pretty little things already.
 
Daz just poped in the shop and had a look at him, he now has clearly has a double dorsal fin so is a rainbow and is also getting a yellow colour.
So I'm guessing Celebes rainbow, Marosatherina ladigesi I've breed these fish plenty of times and are relatively easy to breed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top