Here I go again 150 gallon reset.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Today, Discus on the hunt
20220904_121950.jpg

I posted a photo of this little guy elsewhere, but thought he should be on this thread as well. I am building up the numbers of Black Phantoms nicely, and considering they are having to deal with 6 inch Discus I think they are doing well.
20220911_171835.jpg

I don't care how many photo's of your dinnerplates you post...they are gorgeous dinnerplates ;)

I think I have two pairs, and this photo shows that. The fifth one is a loner.
You always have the proverbial "heir and a spare"...happens with all living things, one inevitably ends up being the perpetual gooseberry left on the outside

As long as everyone is getting along and the gooseberry is not being targeted, they should be fine as they are

If the gooseberry does start being bullied, that will be your reason for getting that second aquarium that you want to have.....your other half will understand that being a gooseberry is not always smooth sailing, so will be open to a second aquarium ;)

I don't care how many photo's of your dinnerplates you post...they are gorgeous dinnerplates ;)
Tasty too, at least according to Teri, one of the customers we had in the shop. She was a middle aged South American Indian from the Amazon and used to come in and ask if we had any fish for dinner :)

She had a wicked sense of humour and did it to stir up the boss who loved Central and South American cichlids, including discus.

She would tell us about when she was younger and they went fishing for dinner. She had photos of her and her family holding up dinner plate sized discus that were going to be dinner. The pictures were taken by a photographer who went to study the local indigenous people.

Looks like profile was deleted around early oct....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back