Here I go again 150 gallon reset.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I suppose it reduces the risk of fish arriving with fungus or bacterial infections, and it has the bonus of increasing the oxygen level in the water. It's not something I would do but if it works and the fish get there in good shape, who am I to argue :)

I suppose it reduces the risk of fish arriving with fungus or bacterial infections, and it has the bonus of increasing the oxygen level in the water. It's not something I would do but if it works and the fish get there in good shape, who am I to argue :)
I would never do it either and don't really like it but as I say this is an exceptionally good supplier, and it seems to work.

I would never do it either and don't really like it but as I say this is an exceptionally good supplier, and it seems to work.
Im thinking about some corys too, who did you get them from if you dont mind me asking, i normally shop at hollywood fish farms up here in auckland but if you have a good supplier im always interested in good fish.

Im thinking about some corys too, who did you get them from if you dont mind me asking, i normally shop at hollywood fish farms up here in auckland but if you have a good supplier im always interested in good fish.
I get my fish from, The Fish Room in Nelson

I have dealt with Hollywood as well and they are excellent, and would most probably get my fish from them if I were in the North Island

Observation after adding six pygmy catfish to a 150-gallon tank, these are not social fish and couldn't care for each other, they swim past each other but never group up. They just do their own thing!

two of the little guys have finally caught up with each other.
20220806_115252.jpg

I wonder if the pygmies will learn to use bush telegraph....150 gallons is like the Atlantic Ocean when you are only tiny...

"Hello...is anybody there?!?!"

....echo....echo....echo.....

"Where are you?"

"I'm over here!"

"Where's..... "over here"....."

;)

I wonder if the pygmies will learn to use bush telegraph....150 gallons is like the Atlantic Ocean when you are only tiny...

"Where are you?"

"I'm over here!"

;)
I've had them in large aquariums; they love to hang out together and buzz like bees. they are a bit weird - at least the ones i have. They are extremely shy fishes BUT unlike the other cory in the tank mine prefer an open area instead of hiding in the plants. So I have about 20% of the tank open in the very back corner and they all hang out there most of the time.

"Where are you?"

"I'm over here!"

;)
... -- .... -- --..- ---.... ---- .-.-.... Joe, it's me, I'm over here.
I can't hear you...
Help, there's a giant round thing after me, it's a ufo (unidentified frisby object).
That's not a ufo, it's a discus.
Swim for it Joe. Swimmm.........

... -- .... -- --..- ---.... ---- .-.-.... Joe, it's me, I'm over here.
I can't hear you...
Help, there's a giant round thing after me, it's a ufo (unidentified frisby object).
That's not a ufo, it's a discus.
Swim for it Joe. Swimmm.........
Discus quietly gliding around its territory....comes across a scatty little fish...

"Hello....who are you?" asks one Discus

"AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!" as pygmy runs away to hide behind a bush

The rest of the Discus come running after hearing the blood curdling scream...

"What's going on here then?" they all hurriedly ask

"All I said was "hello" and asked them who they were....and they just went completely loopy and screamed at me like a miniature banshee" replied the first Discus

"ah....maybe its that silly human's idea of fun...."

"eh? what do you mean?"

"Well he does give us meaty morsels sometimes...so perhaps this is his idea of fast food for us instead"

"Well I'm not going to running after my bloody food....gives me indigestion"

;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back