Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LoachLover

Snails Beware
Reaction score
Ok so I just moved across the country, all my fish made it oh happy days :lol:

But that's not my point, I'm trying to setup my 55 gallon tank and I've got the water in, the gravel, he heater, and the wood. My problem is the filter won't start, it worked fine when I left and now it won't run. I put my hand by it to see if it was even TRYING to run. I hand feel a slight vibrating, but that's it.

BettaMomma said:
Is there something stuck in the motor?
Or in the intake tube?
Nope, I took it out and flushed both things out.

mine's done that before... check and see if its level or not; as far as we could figure out, that was what was wrong with mine.

If its a fluval filter then i can help you...Take the filter sponge and casing out and put the filter upside down in the water.
Grab a chopstick or somthing like it and put the filter plug into the socket while the filter is still upside down underwater and tap the filter motor/little turbine thing with the chopstick and it should start up- put the filter sponge and casing back in the filter while its still on and put the filter upright and the rest and it should run smoothly from then on :thumbs: .

Is it a hang on back filter? If so, you might need to take the motor part off. Remove the impeller (or whatever it's called) from the motor and clean it, also clean where the impeller goes. This happens to me frequently when I stop the filter and it restarts after I clean it out.

It's a......*Looks at box*

Penguin 330
Bio-Wheel Power Filter

My Penguin filters have done that before. After jiggling them around and smacking them a few times, I just left them plugged in with water in them because I didn't know what else to do and they eventually started up :dunno:

To this day I still have no clue why they did that. It always happens when I haven't been using a filter for a while and hook it back up, though.

my fluval does this all the damn time! i switch it off to do a water change and it never starts unless i either kick start it or as previosly mentioned clean the impeller and housing!! however since adding some MT snails to my tank the algae hasn't formed inside this at all

Ok good news, I got the filter running finally I had to tamper with it but it's going!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back