Help!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

I agree. You shouldn't need to buy a specific test kit for GH and KH. Just check with your local water providers.

The API master test kit provides everything else. (Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH, and high range pH.)
Thanks yeah im looking at getting one off amazon now will buy, quite a few people saying its v important but I never knew, thanks v much !!

Yeah new stones that go over the dirt covering I have on the bottom on my tank for my plants
Corydoras need sand substrates as they filter it through their gills when feeding. Sharp substrate can also damage their barbels and stomach.

I'm not sure if it applies but another problem may be that removing an old substrate can reduce the beneficial bacteria in the tank. This is usually not a problem in an established tank but if the cycle is disrupted it is an additional stressor for the fish.

Hi Iā€™ve long time used this site to sort out any little problems Iā€™ve had with my fish but need help with this one.
ive had my tropical tank for about 9 months now and everythingā€™s been relatively okay - no fish deaths - but Iā€™ve just had a look at my albino Cory cat fish and it appears to have a large white lump near itā€™s fin ( will attach photo) Iā€™ve been looking around online at what this could be but Iā€™m really stuck- none of my other fish appear to have anything wrong with them and looks too big to be ich. If anyone can help me identify it / treat it Iā€™ll be v grateful !
Thanks!!
UPDATE: HES BETTER!!!
Thanks everyone for all your help the lump has gone and heā€™s back on his food and swimming around all happy ( as happy as a fish can be ) - Iā€™ll continue cleaning out water every two days for next week just to make sure but everything appears all good !! Thanks again ! Dom X

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back