The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cityfish36

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
My Fishing has been doing this right after I did a 50% water change. My water is well Oxygenated. Someone help, im supposed to sell this fish soon, it cant die ! 

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 103
what is it doing exactly? Swimming up and down the wall? swimming upside down?

ythao01 said:
what is it doing exactly? Swimming up and down the wall? swimming upside down?
its gasping at the surface. my pleco is fine though.

Well the only two things I could think of is low oxygen or high ammonia levels. and if it's not low oxygen then try testing for high ammonia levels. but then again you did just do a 50% water change. How log has he been doing this?

ythao01 said:
Well the only two things I could think of is low oxygen or high ammonia levels. and if it's not low oxygen then try testing for high ammonia levels. but then again you did just do a 50% water change. How log has he been doing this?
just started and it just died. I left the room for an hour came back and it was dead. thanks for the help anyways. Will my pleco be okay ?

Sorry to hear that. your Pleco should be fine as long as your ammonia levels and stuff are in check.

ythao01 said:
Sorry to hear that. your Pleco should be fine as long as your ammonia levels and stuff are in check.
okay.thank you 

Sorry to hear about that! 
rip.gif

Just wondering if you dechlorinated the water? And did you try to temperature match it?

If I need to do a large water change I do it over a few days, about 20/30% daily and not in one 50% change as I think one large water change can put a fish into shock and they can die.

dave840f1 said:
If I need to do a large water change I do it over a few days, about 20/30% daily and not in one 50% change as I think one large water change can put a fish into shock and they can die.
i did it over 4 days. i dechlorinated the water and had everything almost as it normally is. im not sure what caused this.

Sorry cf, you did not state that in your topic. How is the fish now?

Sorry for your loss 
rip.gif

Not nice when that happens 
sad1.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back