Help With Hood Hinges!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dant1875

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does anyone have any idea where to get hinges from for a tank lid? Basically the front half of the lid lifts up to a 90 degree angle with concealed 'cupboard' type 26mm hinges inside. My problem is that they are the reverse swing of normal cupboard hinges, so are flat when shut rather than being at 90 degrees. Mine are rusted to hell & so far B&Q, Wickes, Homebase & even Screwfix have looked at me like I'm talking jibberish when I've explained what I'm after - PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks in advance
Dan

Hi all,
Does anyone have any idea where to get hinges from for a tank lid? Basically the front half of the lid lifts up to a 90 degree angle with concealed 'cupboard' type 26mm hinges inside. My problem is that they are the reverse swing of normal cupboard hinges, so are flat when shut rather than being at 90 degrees. Mine are rusted to hell & so far B&Q, Wickes, Homebase & even Screwfix have looked at me like I'm talking jibberish when I've explained what I'm after - PLEASE HELP!!!
Thanks in advance
Dan

Can you not take one off so you can take it to B&Q etc... and show them exactly what you need?

Hi all,
Thanks in advance
Dan

Can you not take one off so you can take it to B&Q etc... and show them exactly what you need?

I did do matey & they just went 'ummmmmmm - we don't do anything like that!'

Ah-hah! One of those looks similar, but it's a 35mm not a 26mm :blink: at least I've got a rough idea what to ask for now - will email them in a minute & see if they have any in - thanks Big C :good:

You got a picture of them we could have a look at?

Suprised they didn't give any help even when they had looked at them. Seems that You Can't Do It If You B&Q it *chuckles to himself at rubbish joke*

at least I've got a rough idea what to ask for now - will email them in a minute & see if they have any in
Keep us informed of how things turn out
Regards
C

without seeing a picture I can't be sure but it sounds like you might need a 180 degree concealed kitchen hinge, be sure to ask for a 180 and not a standard hinge.

hope this helps

charlton

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back