newbornfry
New Member
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2008
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hi all,
Just looking for some advice.
This is my first tropical aquarium and it has been set up for a month.
We have the following fish (pardon my names, i'm still learning!)
2 x neon
2 x black molly
1 x clown loach
1 x pleco
1 x worm loach
5 x male guppy
2 x red sword tails
We have lost 8 neon over the past month. I took 4 bodies back to day with a sample of water and they said we have a high nitrate level.
Advised to use 'Prime' and perform 25% water change every 3-4 days.
I'm a little confused now, because do I use more Prime when i do the water change, and do I also need to use tap safe?
On a seperate note, we became the proud 'parents' to about 25 fry today, we think from the Mollys.
They are in a nursery tank, but what and how often do they need to be fed, and are they at risk with the high nitrate level?
Thanks in advance
Stu
Just looking for some advice.
This is my first tropical aquarium and it has been set up for a month.
We have the following fish (pardon my names, i'm still learning!)
2 x neon
2 x black molly
1 x clown loach
1 x pleco
1 x worm loach
5 x male guppy
2 x red sword tails
We have lost 8 neon over the past month. I took 4 bodies back to day with a sample of water and they said we have a high nitrate level.
Advised to use 'Prime' and perform 25% water change every 3-4 days.
I'm a little confused now, because do I use more Prime when i do the water change, and do I also need to use tap safe?
On a seperate note, we became the proud 'parents' to about 25 fry today, we think from the Mollys.
They are in a nursery tank, but what and how often do they need to be fed, and are they at risk with the high nitrate level?
Thanks in advance
Stu







