Help With Algae Required

the volumes does doesnt make a differece. Just that one solution is stronger than the other. If you only want to dose 5ml in the EI then add 144g to 500ml of water and dose 5ml ;)
As you can see you are know dosing the same volume, but dissolving that much KNO3 in water is impossible.

500g KNO3 will last 13months
100g KH2PO4 will last 20months
250g Trace will last 10month

here is what you need to add in spoons:

3 tsp KNO3 into 500ml
3/4 tsp Kh2PO4 into 500ml
1/4 tsp traces into 500ml

40ml x3 per week of each



tell me what you are confused about, if it is everything i'll work you out a dosing regime :)
Just tell me whether you still want to dose in spoons or grams.... and whether you want the KNO3 & KH2PO4 in seperate bottles, or in the same bottle.
Thanks.

Without wanting to sound daft everything :lol: I assume tsp is Teaspoon not Tablespoon? I assume the above bit (I have made bold) is 3 seperate bottles so I would add 40ml of each 3x per week? Where can I get a syringe from to measure out the doses? Would the doses above work for me at present. What happens if I add more plants or take cuttings off the existing plants and replant, do I up the dose?

Is KNO3 & KH2PO4 better off in seperate bottles?

Also above you state it will be better to buy Trace off a website other than Garden Direct, do you have a preference over the other 2?

Sorry im trying to understand I really am :lol:

Mike
 
:lol:


tsp = teaspoon

yes 3 seperate bottles,
yes 40ml of each x3 er week

I got my syringe from fluidsensor online, but you can get them from the chemist for medicine

Keep the dose the same, dont change it.


The advantage of having KH2PO4 & KNO3 in seperate bottles is that you can target feed, for example if the plants start to yellow, then you can raise the NO3 dose without havong to raise the PO4 dose, but it it wont make a ifference because EI was designed on lots of plant mass under something stupid like 10wpg so EI makes sure nutrients are never limiting.
 
:lol:


tsp = teaspoon

yes 3 seperate bottles,
yes 40ml of each x3 er week

I got my syringe from fluidsensor online, but you can get them from the chemist for medicine

Keep the dose the same, dont change it.


The advantage of having KH2PO4 & KNO3 in seperate bottles is that you can target feed, for example if the plants start to yellow, then you can raise the NO3 dose without havong to raise the PO4 dose, but it it wont make a ifference because EI was designed on lots of plant mass under something stupid like 10wpg so EI makes sure nutrients are never limiting.

Ok. Do you have a preference over the above two stores that you would get Trace from or are they both the same?

I will get shopping then :D

Serioulsy thank you very much for all your help and patience! E.I is a touch confusing at first :lol:

Mike
 
both the same, i ordered form fluidsensor because i wanted the dosing dyringe and a few other handy items. They sent me some free tweesers & an extra long pipette... ideal for spot dosing ;)
 
both the same, i ordered form fluidsensor because i wanted the dosing dyringe and a few other handy items. They sent me some free tweesers & an extra long pipette... ideal for spot dosing ;)

Cool so just to recap. I will continue to use the LEAF ZONE until it runs out dosing at 3ml per day. Then I will get hold of some Salts and mix them into 3 individual 500ml bottles and dose 3x per week (40ml) leaving a spare day before the waterchange. 40ml doses x3 works out as 12.5 feeds per 500ml does that sound ok?

Mike
 
both the same, i ordered form fluidsensor because i wanted the dosing dyringe and a few other handy items. They sent me some free tweesers & an extra long pipette... ideal for spot dosing ;)

Cool so just to recap. I will continue to use the LEAF ZONE until it runs out dosing at 3ml per day. Then I will get hold of some Salts and mix them into 3 individual 500ml bottles and dose 3x per week (40ml) leaving a spare day before the waterchange, sound ok?

Mike


perfect :D
What mixture will you be using?
 
both the same, i ordered form fluidsensor because i wanted the dosing dyringe and a few other handy items. They sent me some free tweesers & an extra long pipette... ideal for spot dosing ;)

Cool so just to recap. I will continue to use the LEAF ZONE until it runs out dosing at 3ml per day. Then I will get hold of some Salts and mix them into 3 individual 500ml bottles and dose 3x per week (40ml) leaving a spare day before the waterchange, sound ok?

Mike


perfect :D
What mixture will you be using?

Dam n you and your questions! Note I have updated my last post with an added Q :D

mike
 
lol, just checking :P

your updated question... yes it isnt a perfect amount, i usually just add the 60ml to finish it off then make the next batch lol. It is good to make 1months worth as older mixtures need storage and it can start to grow mould over longer periods.
 
lol, just checking :P

your updated question... yes it isnt a perfect amount, i usually just add the 60ml to finish it off then make the next batch lol. It is good to make 1months worth as older mixtures need storage and it can start to grow mould over longer periods.

No seriously, what mixture?

Mike
 
This one:

3 tsp KNO3 into 500ml
3/4 tsp Kh2PO4 into 500ml
1/4 tsp traces into 500ml

40ml x3 per week of each


or this one:

36g KNO3 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
12g KH2PO4 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
25g Trace > 500ml (20ml x3 per week)
 
This one:

3 tsp KNO3 into 500ml
3/4 tsp Kh2PO4 into 500ml
1/4 tsp traces into 500ml

40ml x3 per week of each


or this one:

36g KNO3 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
12g KH2PO4 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
25g Trace > 500ml (20ml x3 per week)

Whats the difference apart from the doses?

Mike
 
This one:

3 tsp KNO3 into 500ml
3/4 tsp Kh2PO4 into 500ml
1/4 tsp traces into 500ml

40ml x3 per week of each


or this one:

36g KNO3 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
12g KH2PO4 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
25g Trace > 500ml (20ml x3 per week)

Whats the difference apart from the doses?

Mike

One uses spoons, one uses weight.
There is a lot of information on this thread so i thought i would check you still have the correct info needed!
 
This one:

3 tsp KNO3 into 500ml
3/4 tsp Kh2PO4 into 500ml
1/4 tsp traces into 500ml

40ml x3 per week of each


or this one:

36g KNO3 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
12g KH2PO4 > 500ml water (20ml x3 per week)
25g Trace > 500ml (20ml x3 per week)

Whats the difference apart from the doses?

Mike

One uses spoons, one uses weight.
There is a lot of information on this thread so i thought i would check you still have the correct info needed!

Ah right was as obvious as it looked then lol!

Thank you once again for all your help, im sure I will be in touch again though! :lol:

Mike
 

Most reactions

Back
Top