Help Me Name Them!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Carlovel1

& Oddballs
Reaction score
Tomorrow, we will be receiving 2 1-month-old Syrian Hamsters since our previous one (R.I.P Buddy :-( :rip: :byebye: ) died. It will be a male and a female but we still have not come up with any nice hamster names. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers
Carl

Demitrius (former king) & Zenobia (former queen & empress of palmyra) where ever that is lol, i'm not an historian on ancient syria btw i just googled famous ppl from syria and got a wikipedia list :D

Yablaka? It's Russian for apple. Hamsters just kinda remind me of apples, plus I learned that word the other day :rolleyes:

Or you could actually name it Apple. And name the other one Pear.

Tomorrow, we will be receiving 2 1-month-old Syrian Hamsters since our previous one (R.I.P Buddy :-( :rip: :byebye: ) died. It will be a male and a female but we still have not come up with any nice hamster names. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Cheers
Carl

Stick with 2 haha my partner breeds hamsters and we currently have between 13-15! I must say she's dedicated cleaning all of them out! She's into the genetics of them and all sort all the technical science jargon throws me! Nod and agree the best form of action haha. And just go to pick cages and hamster up and say nothing haha

Demitrius (former king) & Zenobia (former queen & empress of palmyra) where ever that is lol, i'm not an historian on ancient syria btw i just googled famous ppl from syria and got a wikipedia list :D
thanks for the suggestion. I think that name is a little long. Its not a bad name but i can't even pronounce it. :lol:

Yablaka? It's Russian for apple. Hamsters just kinda remind me of apples, plus I learned that word the other day :rolleyes:

Or you could actually name it Apple. And name the other one Pear.
i like apple and pear :fun:

so far ive thout of Toby for the male and Pixie for the female. What di you think?

Right I've gotta ask this... cause it'll bug me if I don't... They are going to be in seperate cages right? The fact you're replacing one with two just made me wonder... cause obviously I'm assuming that new hamsters are going into the old cage?
And Syrians can't live with other syrians....

Right I've gotta ask this... cause it'll bug me if I don't... They are going to be in seperate cages right? The fact you're replacing one with two just made me wonder... cause obviously I'm assuming that new hamsters are going into the old cage?

I thought that also but didn't like to ask! They Run a very high risk of killing each other if in the same cage! There is a few that have been known to live together but that is extremely rare and unproven really as it's domaines word.

Names: ruby and roger :p

george and mildred, terry and june, morcombe and wise. I could go on Carl but you will proberly start to swear at me :lol:

Walter and Donny

somebody must know what im talking about ?

A few days ago, we got another hamster cage so no problems there (lol we know about hamsters :rolleyes: :lol: ) However the hamsters are so young, they are still with their mother and brothers and sisters so I don't know if I should keep them together for the moment or separate them straight away. According to the breeder this batch of hamsters are very peaceful.

I thought that also but didn't like to ask! They Run a very high risk of killing each other if in the same cage! There is a few that have been known to live together but that is extremely rare and unproven really as it's domaines word.

I can't call him Roger, my mate will get offended! :fun:

george and mildred, terry and june, morcombe and wise. I could go on Carl but you will proberly start to swear at me :lol:
thanks for the suggestions, only problem is they sound a bit like human names ^_^

Hey just asked my gf who breeds them etc she would say if they are male
And female they need to be separated after 4 weeks otherwise they can reproduce from 28 days on! If they are both the same sex they can stay together for up2 8 weeks. Really they should be staying with the groups for 5 weeks min.

:) just some info i know nothing only what she says lol hope this helps. There is a forum called mad about hamsters which is similar to this. Hamster central is another :)

heres why i would call them Walter and Donny

big_lebowski_3.jpg

Hey just asked my gf who breeds them etc she would say if they are male
And female they need to be separated after 4 weeks otherwise they can reproduce from 28 days on! If they are both the same sex they can stay together for up2 8 weeks. Really they should be staying with the groups for 5 weeks min.

:) just some info i know nothing only what she says lol hope this helps. There is a forum called mad about hamsters which is similar to this. Hamster central is another :)
Thanks for the info :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back