Help me identify my new plant please

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cichlidrich89

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new to the site looks great :)
Could someone help me identify this plant please. I have looked online with no success just got lost hahah

Attachments

• 20210915_114835.jpg
    20210915_114835.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210915_114835.jpg
    20210915_114835.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 31
Hi thanks for the reply. So does that mean its not meant for aquariums
Indeed.
Unfortunately, it's one of those plants that looks very good amongst other aquarium plants and so often gets quickly snapped up by would-be underwater gardeners.
Quite often, whilst lfs owners may know something about fish, few actually know anything useful about the 'aquatic' plants they sell. They see the pretty pictures in catalogues and slap the order in.
If left in the tank, it'll rot and add ammonia to the water.

Indeed.
Unfortunately, it's one of those plants that looks very good amongst other aquarium plants and so often gets quickly snapped up by would-be underwater gardeners.
Quite often, whilst lfs owners may know something about fish, few actually know anything useful about the 'aquatic' plants they sell. They see the pretty pictures in catalogues and slap the order in.
If left in the tank, it'll rot and add ammonia to the water.
Thankyou for clearing that up iv removed them. I bought 2 for 4.99 each from my lfs debating to take them back, its not right them selling me this. Im already u happy with them as it is selling me a female in a malawi cichlid male mix and it caused havoc. Think il find a new lfs

I always called them "spider plants" - when mature they send out offshoots that you can pot and grow some more. In the right pot, they make lovely simple gifts so I would just grow them up. They also look great in hanging baskets. I don't remember all the light and water requirements though. Just like I over feed fish, I always tend to over-water plants, then while letting their roots dry out totally forget about them. No green thumb here.

I always called them "spider plants" - when mature they send out offshoots that you can pot and grow some more. In the right pot, they make lovely simple gifts so I would just grow them up. They also look great in hanging baskets. I don't remember all the light and water requirements though. Just like I over feed fish, I always tend to over-water plants, then while letting their roots dry out totally forget about them. No green thumb here.
Thanks for the reply. Iv already potted them just like you said and decided to keep them.
Just dissapointed. Can you reccomend a good plant for a peacock cichlid tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back