Help! How do I get the shrimplets into the tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

wtusa17

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So I got a berried orange Sakura shrimp and a male at my lfs. I didnā€™t have a tank for them so I put them in a breeder box. Well turns out the female had the babies bc I drip acclimated them to their own tank last night and today I looked in the bucket with the water from the drip acclamation and there are a bunch of babies. What should I do? Should I drain water from the tank and the just dump all the water from the bucket into the tank?

Use a piece of hose and siphon them into a bucket. Put a net in front of the hose outlet and then you can just empty the net out into their new home.

They are so tiny itā€™s impossible to even see them sometimes
No need to drain the tank.

Is the tank densely planted? If so, it may be a while until you can see them, as they hide a lot when they are young.

I would recommend to sit in front of your tank with a siphon at the ready for a while, and be patient. Eventually they will come out. You can try feeding them in the middle of the tank. That usually lures them out.

No need to drain the tank.

Is the tank densely planted? If so, it may be a while until you can see them, as they hide a lot when they are young.

I would recommend to sit in front of your tank with a siphon at the ready for a while, and be patient. Eventually they will come out. You can try feeding them in the middle of the tank. That usually lures them out.
They were in the bucket I drip acclimated them in last night. I drained water out and poured in the acclimation water and now I see some shrimplets!

Attachments

• 6D2CC437-EC30-43B5-A328-88C61E51BF8E.jpeg
    6D2CC437-EC30-43B5-A328-88C61E51BF8E.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 52
I empty the bucket using a small shallow tub (yes it does take ages!) and use a pipette to remove the babies from the tub. The end of the pipette is usually too narrow so I cut off the end till the hole is big enough. If the shrimps are too large, I use the pipette to remove the debris amd most of the water from the tub then empty the shrimp back into the tank.
When you do water changes, always check the bucket. I've even managed to siphon up adult shrimps.

If you do what seangee states to do, do it over a clear container first as they can go through the net. I had it happen with one of my baby ninja shrimp. You will see them moving in the container if they go through

If you do what seangee states to do, do it over a clear container first as they can go through the net. I had it happen with one of my baby ninja shrimp. You will see them moving in the container if they go through
Iā€™ve already done it as you can see. I made sure to check the bucket after and I actually did find another baby but I got all them out hopefully

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back