HELP danio!!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Ami_bby

Reaction score
Iā€™m very much a newbie to fish keeping I have a 21 gal tank which I had 7 danios 3 white clouds 2 plecs and a few guppies. now I have only 3 danios I donā€™t know where the others went they just slowly disappeared the only theory I could come up with is them died over night and the others eating them. Anyways I see one of my 2 -3 yr old danios being lethargic and sitting at the bottom over a week. He doesnā€™t look well but just to let you know heā€™s always had a bent spine from when I got him itā€™s never affected him before.

Attachments

• 06F8799D-0250-4C04-A2B4-3DC7C7A99F18.jpeg
    06F8799D-0250-4C04-A2B4-3DC7C7A99F18.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 60
  • A0004742-3D98-4335-8C7F-063C3A462AD2.jpeg
    A0004742-3D98-4335-8C7F-063C3A462AD2.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 56
It seems like it may be something like dropsy or old age as Sgooosh said. My betta also dealt with this but sadly didn't make it. If you come to the conclusion based on his activity that he does have dropsy and notice that he is in his early dropsy stages, then start treatment with kanaplex, aquarium salt or methylene blue (there some articles online on how to do this). But it may just be because he's old.
Itā€™s always best to start with aquarium salt, as medication should never be the first plan of action.
What are your water parameters? (Ammonia, nitrite, ect)
How long was your tank set up before you added fish? Did you cycle it?
How long have you had the fish? How long did you have them before they started disappearing?

Diff fish the other one died I have lost a lot of fish in this tank

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 38
Iv had a lot of fish die help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 42
hi, and :hi: to the forum, I'm sorry this brings you here.
we need more details about the tank and what looks to be a danio to assist you. We would also need some water parameters and clear pics.

Welcome to TFF.
7 danios 3 white clouds 2 plecs and a few guppies.
what sort of plecos are you keeping? bristlenose for example.
And the pictures make me wonder why the water is dark. do you have driftwood by chance?
And some water parameters could be a lifesaver at the moment. water parameters can be found using a simple test kit, if you dont have one already.
Itā€™s always best to start with aquarium salt, as medication should never be the first plan of action.
What are your water parameters? (Ammonia, nitrite, ect)
How long was your tank set up before you added fish? Did you cycle it?
How long have you had the fish? How long did you have them before they started disappearing?
these questions are necessary. please answer.

Any information on tank size, fish, the more information the better

Donā€™t have one but yes I have a bristlenose and yes I have a piece of driftwood in the tank

the red looks like a bacterial infection, assuming they have red on them and its not the picture.

what is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the tank water?

how long has the tank been set up for?

how long have the fish been dying for?

did you add anything in the 2 weeks before they started dying?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back