HELP!! betta got stuck in filter

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sonjew

Reaction score
4A65F873-BE1B-491D-8420-57CE042E4346.jpeg
054C97DE-7F42-4A63-9255-3026E0E446FD.jpeg
ive had my betta fish Frosty for about a year now and I love him dearly. I noticed he was hanging around by his filter and wouldn’t eat yesterday—and today I was going to clean his tank and I noticed he was stuck!!! He eventually lodged himself free but now his fins are turning black an he won’t swim.
4A65F873-BE1B-491D-8420-57CE042E4346.jpeg
D0DECE1E-C6B9-4939-B36A-359BA22B947A.jpeg
I’m so nervous for for him I don’t know if he got fun rot while stuck in there or if it’s natural for a betta find to turn black when damaged.

Hi, looks like normal colour change to me, your fish is a marble so it is possible, they tend to get darker as they age. He looks a bit windswept in the pic, the filter flow maybe too powerful hence why he got stuck, bettas do not like alot of flow.

3CF4CA85-C9F3-4A18-91A6-7E8F4BC39679.jpeg
A9391D7C-A394-4AC4-92F4-E3FEBFE157AE.jpeg
Hi, looks like normal colour change to me, your fish is a marble so it is possible, they tend to get darker as they age. He looks a bit windswept in the pic, the filter flow maybe too powerful hence why he got stuck, bettas do not like alot of flow.
I’m telling you—it is not normal like that. That black part I showed you has now called off and he has a whole chunk of his beautiful tail missing.

You will need to keep the water extra clean to prevent infection. Body wise he looks in good shape.

Do a load of water changes. Feed live or frozen foods if possible.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Hi don't panic the tail will grow back, like Demeter said make sure he has lots of clean warm water.

However we need to discuss the filter thing, If he is getting stuck to the inlet then the flow is way to strong,

Can you please post a photo of the whole tank and a close up of the inlet. Also what type of filter is it?
Do you have a heater?
What do you feed him?
How big is the tank?
How often do you change water?

If the current is too strong it will stress the fish out and that causes all sorts of problems.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back