Hello!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Kayla_Johnson19

Reaction score
Hi!!
I am a marine biology student who works at an aquarium but then comes home to relax with freshwater aquariums! I am just starting to get into big tanks (a 75g) after starting with just a small 5 gallon with a few danios 5 years ago, and I still have those same danios today!! I have an awesome golden Chinese algae eater named Cheeto, and I know lots of people don’t like them but I feed him enough protein so he doesn’t bug anyone else! Anyways, I’m on here a lot researching so I thought I’d finally join!!
Thanks!

hello-there-baby-yoda.gif

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Do you work in an aquarium shop or at a public aquarium?

Welcome!

Marine Biology is an interesting subject.
What do you do at your workplace?
Do you have the chance to go to the sea and study the life in the sea?

Chinese golden algae eaters are beautiful with their bright yellow/golden colours.
I think if you keep them with small fish, they might be ok especially fast moving fish.

But if you keep them with big fish, they will try to suck the slime of the big fish. Big fish are easy target for them.

Hi and welcome to TFF... :hi:
A marine biologist is always welcome at the forum. Others can also learn from you...

Welcome!

Marine Biology is an interesting subject.
What do you do at your workplace?
Do you have the chance to go to the sea and study the life in the sea?

Chinese golden algae eaters are beautiful with their bright yellow/golden colours.
I think if you keep them with small fish, they might be ok especially fast moving fish.

But if you keep them with big fish, they will try to suck the slime of the big fish. Big fish are easy target for them.
Thanks! I do animal husbandry and tank maintenance at an aquarium so I get to feed and take care of tons of local marine animals. The animals are mostly invertebrates and fish, we do not have any mammals or anything like that! We do grow up salmon fry and then release them near their spawning habitat once they are large enough! I am just finishing up my degree, so I hope to get out onto the sea eventually.

And I keep Cheeto with small fast moving fish and feed him lots of protein and vegetables so he doesn't need to snack on any of his tank mates!

Thanks! I do animal husbandry and tank maintenance at an aquarium so I get to feed and take care of tons of local marine animals. The animals are mostly invertebrates and fish, we do not have any mammals or anything like that! We do grow up salmon fry and then release them near their spawning habitat once they are large enough! I am just finishing up my degree, so I hope to get out onto the sea eventually.

And I keep Cheeto with small fast moving fish and feed him lots of protein and vegetables so he doesn't need to snack on any of his tank mates!

I think it will be interesting when you have the chance to study the corals and all life in the sea.
Everything in the marine life from corals, fish to invertebrates are beautiful.

Welcome to TFF! :hi:

That’s so cool! Sounds like an awesome gig.

Most reactions

Back